PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   2 quick questions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39926)

violent31601 10-09-2008 12:07 PM

2 quick questions

in the instructions it says that there is an FM radio, where is it? or do I have to download it somewhere?

and also are both versions (GSM/CDMA) basically the same for screen size, for screen protectors

rainfreak 10-09-2008 12:36 PM

Re: 2 quick questions

The CDMA versions do not have an FM radio.

Screen protectors are usually different because the GSM verison has a .5 MP camera in the front for video conferencing, and the CDMA version (obviously) does not.

violent31601 10-09-2008 12:39 PM

so there is no way to get the fm radio on CDMA version?

rainfreak 10-09-2008 12:41 PM

Some are saying that the hardware is in there, but we don't have the software (which can be ripped from a GSM verison) and the headphones are the actual antenna, so we would need a set of the GSM headphones.

You want to buy the headphones and test it for us?

violent31601 10-09-2008 12:47 PM

why couldn't you just use the CDMA included headphones, arn't they the same thing?

JaxDreamFunding 10-09-2008 02:56 PM

I did install the FM Radio software ripped from the GSM phone and used the headset that came with my CDMA phone -- no go...first time I ran the software it locked my phone...did a soft reset and then ran it again...this time it came up and gave an error...forgot what it was but the error was consistent...

would be nice to have an FM radio but with the already HIGH battery drain on the phone...not sure why I want to add more drain to the already leaking battery.

marcus_cruz 10-09-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxDreamFunding (Post 452296)
I did install the FM Radio software ripped from the GSM phone and used the headset that came with my CDMA phone -- no go...first time I ran the software it locked my phone...did a soft reset and then ran it again...this time it came up and gave an error...forgot what it was but the error was consistent...

would be nice to have an FM radio but with the already HIGH battery drain on the phone...not sure why I want to add more drain to the already leaking battery.

Same here.. Although I dont mind the drain on the battery since I keep it plugged in all day at work.. Although I can see where it would be an issue for some people. I dont think the FM radio would drain the battery that much.

Chef Ben 10-09-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 452096)
Some are saying that the hardware is in there, but we don't have the software (which can be ripped from a GSM verison) and the headphones are the actual antenna, so we would need a set of the GSM headphones.

You want to buy the headphones and test it for us?

A friend of mine at work has the GSM version with the headphones. I have experienced first hand the radio on the GSM. Maybe tomorrow I'll plug in his headphones and see what happens.