PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Can't get TF3d to show more than 1 calendar event on today screen? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38963)

codyppc 09-29-2008 10:55 AM

Can't get TF3d to show more than 1 calendar event on today screen?

the manual says that i should be displaying two events as long as they are not all day events. i have no all day events in my calander. i dont understand why this is not working.

anyone elde get this to work right?

Thanks, Cody

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...0/Screen01.jpg

abovelegit 09-29-2008 11:04 AM

Re: Can't get TF3d to show more than 1 calendar event on today screen?

how far apart is the next events date? I have one set for next Thursday and it wont show up till it gets around that time frame.

codyppc 09-29-2008 11:53 AM

i have a 9:00am - 9:30 and a 11:30am - 12:30pm same day.

ivtec20 09-29-2008 11:55 AM

I've got the same problem, won't show more then 1 appt, although the manual says it should. What is the point of pushing the clock up (into the smaller mode) if there is no additional information gained from said action?

dutchman71 09-29-2008 12:05 PM

Mine showed 3 yesterday.... Although if you have more then 1 all day entries it only shows the first, right now mine shows all day Ramadan (don't ask me why) and a 3PM appointment..

Certs 09-29-2008 12:14 PM

Yeah its real inconsistent, right now I have work today and tomorrow displayed, usually just one until today completes. I have no idea why it changes sometimes

al3azim 09-29-2008 02:25 PM

mine sometimes shows 2 appointments and sometimes only 1. I think it has to do with the time between the appointments or something.

Curb71 09-29-2008 04:20 PM

I had two seperate appts the other day on the same day and it only showed me one. No Bueno. Come on hackers. whats up with this? lol

meccadon123 09-29-2008 06:06 PM

Whats up with pushing the clock up into "small mode" and then a bunch of empty space below it? Why no 1 0r 2 week calendar?

ivtec20 09-30-2008 12:15 PM

Anyone? Any ideas?

ecker 09-30-2008 12:18 PM

same problem for me.. kind of sucks!!

MobileBiz 10-16-2008 10:03 AM

I have two appointments. One is for today at 3:30 and the other is all day tomorrow. I can only see tomorrows appointment which is listed first. If I make the clock smaler I can see tomorrows and then todays. Seems almost useless. I agree about not needing the call log on that screen. Anyone have ideas on how to make this more useful? Do I need to get rid of touch flow?

mabmarc 10-16-2008 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine shows 3 appointments. 1 all day tomorrow and 2 today.

Curb71 10-16-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabmarc (Post 460792)
Mine shows 3 appointments. 1 all day tomorrow and 2 today.

Im jealous. which rom is that or is there a way to get mine to be cool like yours? :scratch:

nico4k 10-16-2008 05:50 PM

check the settings->today->Items, highlight Calendar then click on options (right side of the screen) and make sure you select "Upcoming Appointments" and OK out of all the screens. (i had a similar problem with my today screen using the calendar, and this fixed it). EDIT: 11-3-08: also, you probably have to use the small clock to show more appointments. (just flick up on the home screen to get the small clock).

This may fix your problem...give it a try.
cheers and peace to all!

JaxDreamFunding 10-16-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico4k (Post 461347)
check the settings->today->Items, highlight Calendar then click on options (right side of the screen) and make sure you select "Upcoming Appointments" and OK out of all the screens. (i had a similar problem with my today screen using the calendar, and this fixed it). This may fix your problem...give it a try.
cheers and peace to all!

I made the change ... but since it is late in the day and there is only one more item on my schedule...I saw no change. I have several things for tomorrow...so we will see in the morning if it changes.

I think it would be GREAT if someone could create a new tab for TF3D that would display upcoming events on its own tab...not mixed with other stuff....any takers for the development of this?

FenixDown 10-30-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

check the settings->today->Items, highlight Calendar then click on options (right side of the screen) and make sure you select "Upcoming Appointments" and OK out of all the screens. (i had a similar problem with my today screen using the calendar, and this fixed it). This may fix your problem...give it a try.
cheers and peace to all!

That didn't work for me. :( Anyone found a solution yet?

Curb71 10-30-2008 05:11 PM

it worked for me

No1ustad 11-03-2008 03:29 AM

didn't work for me either...

srtpusher 11-05-2008 03:22 AM

didn't work for me either

2 appointments and only one shows

InvincibleLiving 11-06-2008 12:01 PM

worked fine for me, gave nico a thanks

rainfreak 11-06-2008 12:05 PM

Worked for me too, thanks also given.

mr.jcarter 11-07-2008 10:01 AM

I'm having this issue as well. Anybody figure anything else out?

InvincibleLiving 11-07-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.jcarter (Post 503543)
I'm having this issue as well. Anybody figure anything else out?

try post #15... that worked for me

nuprotocol 11-08-2008 02:01 AM

Repeat the steps mentioned a few times and it should work. At first it wasn't working for me, but then I kept repeating the steps and it finally worked. I did it three times in a roll.

MobileBiz 11-08-2008 02:49 AM

This is one of a few reasons I gave up on the Diamond. I'm going to wait until things like this function in a more useable way. I had to switch back to Palm OS. It's boring but it gets the job done well. I really look forward to the day when I can order a Diamond again.

SprintTouch08 11-08-2008 03:09 AM

ok...well that makes zero sense since Palm OS is even worse at homescreens than WM- nonexistent except for 3rd party programs (no better than WM). Wont get any benefit going back to Palm since you could have turned off TouchFlo3d and used regular homescreen tabs, but w/e floats your boat there were obviously other motivations to doing so

natataka 12-04-2008 03:54 AM

didnt work for me. i tried numerous times. anyone knows of a fix?

1999TL 12-04-2008 06:21 AM

Quote:

check the settings->today->Items, highlight Calendar then click on options (right side of the screen) and make sure you select "Upcoming Appointments" and OK out of all the screens. (i had a similar problem with my today screen using the calendar, and this fixed it). EDIT: 11-3-08: also, you probably have to use the small clock to show more appointments. (just flick up on the home screen to get the small clock).

This may fix your problem...give it a try.
cheers and peace to all!

Good stuff. Thanked.

wmphoto 12-04-2008 10:53 AM

Tried numerous times... MANY MANY TIMES using Post 15's directions... I tried it many times prior to having someone spell it out for me... The calendar doesn't work in the same manner when the tf3d is checked... In fact the calendar doesn't even stay checked if tf3d is checked... So, to say the least no more than one event is ever shown on the today screen...
I would love it is someone had a fix for this...

JBCOBRA 12-04-2008 11:45 AM

I am unable to get this to work the way it should. I tried the fix from post 15, it still doesn't fix my problem. I can get it to show 2 events like post 13, but that only works if the time happens to be during the first appointment (it shows 2 appointments and 1 all day). I want to see my next 2 appointments before the first one happens! Anyone know how to make that work?

This is my biggest issue with TF3D! I really like my Diamond, but this should be something we could change.

FenixDown 12-04-2008 04:08 PM

ok, that explains it then. Yeah, I'd love it too if someone came up with a solution to show more events on the TF3D home screen

Unplugged 12-06-2008 01:52 PM

And to add my 2 cents, is there a way to get rid of the "Call History" tab. There was a post in October about changing the Call History and Calendar tab under the clock. No suggestions were made.

dc5guy 01-02-2009 11:56 AM

Anyone find a way to get TF3D to display more appointments? #15 didn't work for me either. The calendar gets unchecked if TF3D is enabled.