PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   which navigation VGA software for diamond?i (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38150)

Drybonz 09-22-2008 11:08 PM

Re: which navigation VGA software for diamond?i

Do any of these have a voice input search feature?

I want to say "Indian Restaraunt" into the phone and then drive to one of the search results, for example.

Thanks.

CDRacingZX6R 09-22-2008 11:29 PM

Just curious why no one likes sprint navigation? I used it on the instinct and it seemed fairly decent?

I'm not trying to be a **** either, I'm curious if I'm missing out if I just run with sprint nav?

Jarvis3 09-22-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cortez (Post 428329)
google is your friend... i purchased Garmin and iGo8 and they're both loaded to my Diamond. iGo8 is (in my opinion) the best of the two.

iGo8 for North America / US?

If so, where can you buy it? :D

snovvman 09-22-2008 11:48 PM

Does any of these software provide real-time traffic condition-based navigation routing? That is, if I can take the freeway A or freeway B home, the software will gather the CURRENT traffic data and tell me which freeway to take for the shortest time. Or, if both freeways are jammed, it will tell me to take certain streets?

Thanks.

mswlogo 09-23-2008 01:46 AM

I've owned Mapopolis, OnCourse, Destinator, iGuidance and Nuvi 600, 700.

So far iGuidance wins.

TTS
NavTeq maps.

I have not tried any system with realtime traffic.

I think Garmen XT and TomTom offer it for windows mobile with traffic option. Not sure about CoPilot. OnCourse did at one time too.

nmhusa 09-23-2008 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eduardmc (Post 427315)
iguidance

I have owned and used.... Desntinator, TomTom, Garmin, Pharos, Copilot, iGo.

I second the vote of confidence for iGuidance....

Street names are legible in 3D mode
TTS is accurate
Voice prompts are timely and repeated enough that constantly staring at the map instead of driving is uneccesary

nmhusa 09-23-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDRacingZX6R (Post 428411)
Just curious why no one likes sprint navigation? I used it on the instinct and it seemed fairly decent?

I'm not trying to be a **** either, I'm curious if I'm missing out if I just run with sprint nav?

It will only work where you have a signal. Not the best for off Interstate travel. Roaming charges will apply in Canada (unless you have a plan there and vice versa for US). If your data signal is poor, and you need to check POI... you will have better luck with a built in navtech map on the internal memory.

maryanne 09-23-2008 08:41 AM

The real time traffic updates is what I would want but looks like it is going to cost to use that feature if it has it.

eduardmc 09-23-2008 09:30 AM

ok after trying IGO8 (oncourse with usa maps) i can say that i still like IGUIDANCE 4.0 much more. the benefits of having street names announce is a plus, and the interfaces is just to simple to navigate, IGO8 was good, but after 1 day i'm back to iguidance. From what i read in a month or so Iguidance 2009 (for ppc) will be release, can't wait.

shtewps 09-23-2008 11:30 AM

Im surprised nobody has mentioned TT7 (TomTom 7) yet.

With full VGA support and a sleek black theme, not only have I found it to be the most functional and responsive navi app.. but it looks perfect on the diamond, the black theme makes the the unit look like a standalone PNA.

It has always been my experience as well that TTM has the best POI database.