PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Battery life on CDMA Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38022)

kevank 09-20-2008 07:53 PM

Battery life on CDMA Diamond

I have noticed that my battery seems to drain quickly on my Diamond. Well, compared to my Mogul.

I put together this poll to get a gauge on things...

xxza 09-20-2008 07:57 PM

Re: Battery life on CDMA Diamond

I feel it is better than touch, but I can not say strong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevank (Post 425462)
I have noticed that my battery seems to drain quickly on my Diamond. Well, compared to my Mogul.

I put together this poll to get a gauge on things...

sayeah 09-20-2008 10:05 PM

mine only lasts one day. I'm going to return it.

abovelegit 09-20-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayeah (Post 425579)
mine only lasts one day. I'm going to return it.

kidding right? your not even gonna wait for Juicy's ROM?

nashmage 09-20-2008 10:29 PM

from what ive read juicys rom makes a huuuge difference in battery life for the telus diamonds is this true? if so when can we get it running for sprint lol

Success100 09-21-2008 01:36 AM

yeah, phone rocks, battery sucks

Brock1909 09-21-2008 08:46 AM

battery life is terrible. need extended battery like touch

bbossman1 09-21-2008 10:02 AM

Most pda's today are getting smaller yet more feature packed resulting in reduced battery performance. Its especially difficult to judge battery life in first days or week of getting a new device when you cant seem to put the damn thing down to even eat!

The true test of the battery life comes in the second week after everybody settles into a "normal" routine.

EtherealRemnant 09-22-2008 08:33 PM

Damn... After reading on another forum about the battery issues, I was hoping and praying I wouldn't find the same thing here...

This sucks. I think I just canned the idea of getting the Touch Pro... I need my battery to last me through at least 10 hours... my Mogul with nueROM 3.0 pre-3 lasts about 25...

Success100 09-22-2008 08:47 PM

this battery REALLY sucks

syanni85 09-22-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Success100 (Post 428089)
this battery REALLY sucks

ill agree... but i havent trained the battery. its only a few days old but how much better can it get ya know?

btw, is it possible to put juicys telus rom on sprint? i dont need sprint apps, i have the cabs of the ones i use. does juicys telus 2.0 have telus specific customizations?

SprintTouch08 09-22-2008 09:56 PM

he said 2.1 will be out for sprint soon. right now theres a roaming bug that kills the battery in 1.1/2.0 Id suggest holding off a week or 2 till 2.1 comes out for Sprint.

syanni85 09-22-2008 10:01 PM

im on 1.1 right now an i have great location and never roam... am i good to use telus 2.0?

SprintTouch08 09-22-2008 10:05 PM

id assume so ive deduced it only happens when roaming so if you always have Sprint service id assume itd be ok. I wont have my diamond until later this week, but i do know Juicy will have 2.1 out here pretty soon thatll fix all those bugs. ill prob just wait for 2.1 before flashing anything but i may try 2.0 out of the box since i hate the sprint muck-up of TFLO3d and i never roam that i know of normally.

Tiberius85 09-22-2008 10:07 PM

Battery showed 80% after 12pm today, i browsed for about 10 minutes, made 2 phone calls, battery hadnt moved. I checked it an hour later it was at 40%. Ive already let the thing cycle completely several times from full to completely dead. Its hard to do that though because its never a convenient time to NOT charge it.

bastimret 09-22-2008 11:08 PM

Mine seems to be getting better, but I have to make sure to turn ariplane mode on while at work since I get no connection inside my office and the constant signal seeking drains it fast. As long as I do that, it seems ok.

Took it off the charger this morning, didn't use it much till around 10am. I browsed a bit when I went outside on a break, and played some games during lunch and during my break in the afternoon. Talked with my wife a bit on the way home, took a few pics and vids of my son when I picked him up at daycare.

At home tonight, I've been browsing throughout heroes since around 9pm with my WiFi and phone radio on, and then playing some MP3's for the past 20 min or so trying to drain it so I can fully charge it again, and it's now down to 20%. Still trying to drain it before I go to bed.

I think it will be better once it breaks in a bit more. But if I leave the phone radio on inside at work, it'll be close to dead by the time I leave at 5pm. That constant seeking really drains it faaaast.

iwillfearnoevil 09-23-2008 09:14 PM

this afternoon my battery died from full charge in less than 4 hours. wifi turned off, incoming beams off, bluetooth off. no push email. weather app was updating however. 15 min of mp3 player, 5 min gps, 45 min of web browsing, 2 min phone call. pretty typical performance.

edit: i've used a mogul for the last year and i'd still get almsot a full day with stock battery with lots of use.

clockcycle 09-24-2008 12:01 AM

It seems there are quite a few first time HTC/PDA owners here and they expected these phones to last like a Moto Razor.

Personally I turned off the GPS Location setting, it seems that this phone has the GPS on all the time. Do a ##DEBUG# and check GPS and you'll see you have data. It's not so on the Mogul and Touch, they show N/A until you actually use something that calls up the GPS.

I have been fiddling with my phone like it was a new girlfriend, and battery is at 50%. It was only at 20% by this time yesteday with GPS Location "ON".

-CC

BTW Stock Sprint ROM, no battery hacks or tweaks yet.

iwillfearnoevil 09-24-2008 09:27 AM

wheat fields are you looking at? i have not run gps since i rebooted phone this morning and nothing is showing up in the data section for any 'items'. where do we change 'gps location' setting? (coming from the mogul where my battery would last more than twice as long).