PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Diamond controlled remotly by sprint tech (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37943)

jimmiekain 09-19-2008 10:44 PM

Diamond controlled remotly by sprint tech

Ok, If you have read my other post about my diamond you know I have a problem with my picture mail being saved as download.do I called *2 sprint tech support and talked to a rep who hadn't heard of my problem so he had me install a program that allowed him to view/control my sprint diamond from his computer. The videos you are about to see are of him controlling my device via some over the air support program. The quality of the videos is crappy but hey! what do you expect, I used my mogul as the video camera. Enjoy!

[video 1]

[video 2]

lewdog50 09-19-2008 10:51 PM

Re: Diamond controlled remotly by sprint tech

had them take control of my mogul a few weeks ago for trouble shooting of the tv app that still does not work for me. Still weird watching them control your ppc though

jimmiekain 09-19-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog50 (Post 424453)
had them take control of my mogul a few weeks ago for trouble shooting of the tv app that still does not work for me. Still weird watching them control your ppc though

yeah thats crazy! i was like what the heck is this?

kevank 09-19-2008 11:09 PM

Do you have to grant the tech permission to take control? Is there a pop-up or dialog box that pops up?

Kevan

Reef48 09-19-2008 11:17 PM

Dude thats crazy! lol

jimmiekain 09-19-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevank (Post 424478)
Do you have to grant the tech permission to take control? Is there a pop-up or dialog box that pops up?

Kevan

he told me to go to some website and when i went to the site it prompted me to download and install a program. after i ran it i pushed begin or go or something and then he took over.... Didnt fix the problem but he said he would have a ticked opened and will get back to me in 3 days.

kevank 09-19-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiekain (Post 424491)
he told me to go to some website and when i went to the site it prompted me to download and install a program. after i ran it i pushed begin or go or something and then he took over.... Didnt fix the problem but he said he would have a ticked opened and will get back to me in 3 days.

Ok great. I wanted to make sure there wasn't some backdoor installed with the Sprint Customizations...

K

lewdog50 09-20-2008 09:06 AM

no, no backdoor installed to my knowledge. I do remember that I had to give permission on my mogul to allow the tech to take control. Works similarly to remote desktop.

CBeckstrand 09-20-2008 10:49 AM

I work for a company that does small business tech support. We use a program called Bomgar that allows up to remote control PC, Mac or Pocket PC. When setting up customers on Exchange we can transfer the cert directy to there phone.

tobeychris 09-20-2008 10:55 AM

There's a program called My Mobile that lets you control your phone from your computer, but over a usb connection. Similar idea, just as cool.