PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Registry hack mistake-help please (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37839)

heartex 09-19-2008 01:09 AM

Registry hack mistake-help please

So Got this diamond and love it and was trying to change registry on the landscape mode like I have read in this and other threads. I did as follows:
Enable Manual Screen Rotation (Portrait/Landscape): HKLM - System - GDI - Rotation - HideOrientationUI (change from 1 to 0)
Ok but I am not use to this onboard keyboard and accidently changed the key(name) right under "hideorientation" reg. The value is the same it was but in trying to put it back the name was erased. Would someone look in their registry and tell me the name and value under the HideorientationUI? This keyboard takes some getting use to. Haven't got the landscape thing yet. Waiting for this before I re-route my long press key to rotate cause I want to fix this first. Thanks.=D>

cpiman 09-19-2008 07:44 AM

Re: Registry hack mistake-help please

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for or not. This is the line right under "HideOrientationUI"

"LandscapeFixed" Value 1

heartex 09-19-2008 08:36 AM

Thanks..so that I have all the values it is as follows
HideOrientation (1)
Landscapefixed (1)
Used Preference (1)
ComApp (0)
Slidekey (0)
Angle (0)
Landscape (4)
All this is under rotation of GDI
I did not change any values but thought I would give it to you.
When I pull the keyboard up it blocks what I have highlighted. Prob need to get a better registry tweak program.
Makes me wonder if the pro would be better right now, with real keyboard??????????

Mr. X 09-19-2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartex (Post 423301)
Thanks..so that I have all the values it is as follows
HideOrientation (1)
Landscapefixed (1)
Used Preference (1)
ComApp (0)
Slidekey (0)
Angle (0)
Landscape (4)
All this is under rotation of GDI
I did not change any values but thought I would give it to you.
When I pull the keyboard up it blocks what I have highlighted. Prob need to get a better registry tweak program.
Makes me wonder if the pro would be better right now, with real keyboard??????????

change HideOrientation (1) to (0) then after that go to settings > Buttons > and set your long press send to <Rotate Screen>

heartex 09-19-2008 10:10 AM

yes but the Sprint settings does not have such a button and the advanced config i installed will not let me go to that button either. I think it must be a sprint thing...help. I need landscape mode on this thing if I am going to keep it. Must be a tweak I need to be doing???

Mr. X 09-19-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartex (Post 423386)
yes but the Sprint settings does not have such a button and the advanced config i installed will not let me go to that button either. I think it must be a sprint thing...help. I need landscape mode on this thing if I am going to keep it. Must be a tweak I need to be doing???

on the very first settings tab. top left conver should be an option called "Buttons"
its not there?

heartex 09-19-2008 10:51 AM

Yes button is there but the only button showing is send key(hold). There are no other opinions in button box. Suggestions? In the confiq program I see the button to remap to long press send but it will not let me in or press it. Suggestions?

heartex 09-19-2008 09:03 PM

Thanks for your help in other thread.=D> One button only..make sense