PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 09:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

coolguy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to hard reset sprint diamond

Tried that too... Powered down the phone, then press & hold VOL DOWN + ENTER key , press power button and release (keep holding VOL DOWN + ENTER) until HardReset message is seen on screen
Old 09-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Tried that too... Powered down the phone, then press & hold VOL DOWN + ENTER key , press power button and release (keep holding VOL DOWN + ENTER) until HardReset message is seen on screen

Same here its making me a wreak and ticking me off really bad i hold the dang down volume and the middle enter key and hit the power button once and the thing just powers up grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 09-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Almost a VIP

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Same here its making me a wreak and ticking me off really bad i hold the dang down volume and the middle enter key and hit the power button once and the thing just powers up grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

the best i can get is holding all 3 down gets me a security unlocked screen that does not go away...all i want to do is hard reset this ting gezzzzzz any help?
Old 09-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
the best i can get is holding all 3 down gets me a security unlocked screen that does not go away...all i want to do is hard reset this ting gezzzzzz any help?
Do all three buttons to get the phone to turn off. Then do it again while the phone is in "off" mode, but dont let go of the buttons for about 30 seconds. You should get to a screen that has blue writing and a white background with further instructions. I just did it.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
Do all three buttons to get the phone to turn off. Then do it again while the phone is in "off" mode, but dont let go of the buttons for about 30 seconds. You should get to a screen that has blue writing and a white background with further instructions. I just did it.

I take the battery out to get power off then i hold all 3 buttons down for even a minute and all i get is this security unlocked screen that stays lit till i take the battery out and try again.

How come they make it so hard all i want to do is clear this thing.if i could get it to load p fine but it won't..i tried the way with the phone on and the reset and nothing.I have to be doing something wrong.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 09-20-2008, 12:44 PM
a2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint and the occasional headaches

a2k is keeping up the good worka2k is keeping up the good work

You're a stronger man than I. Right about now I would have thrown that damn phone across the room into a brick wall and had it in a thousand small pieces!!!

Good luck, please keep up posted.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2k View Post
You're a stronger man than I. Right about now I would have thrown that damn phone across the room into a brick wall and had it in a thousand small pieces!!!

Good luck, please keep up posted.

If i could afford to do it the phone would be toast...i don't get what im doing wrong to get this security thing.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:49 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I take the battery out to get power off then i hold all 3 buttons down for even a minute and all i get is this security unlocked screen that stays lit till i take the battery out and try again.
Sounds like the <enter> key is your problem.

To enter bootloader:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex
with the device turned on, press and hold the volume down button along with the power button, then press the reset button
To iniate hard reset:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNeufeld
Power + Vol Down + Enter. then reset button They don't mention the Power button in the manual.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
Sounds like the <enter> key is your problem.

To enter bootloader:

To iniate hard reset:

I am using the button in the middle as the enter key as per another post wht else can i do? do i have to do all 4? i mean comeone the power button and the volume down and the enter and reset all the same time???? can't do al 4 at the same time so please give me a clue on how to do this
Old 09-20-2008, 01:14 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I am using the button in the middle as the enter key as per another post wht else can i do? do i have to do all 4? i mean comeone the power button and the volume down and the enter and reset all the same time???? can't do al 4 at the same time so please give me a clue on how to do this
get an xtra set of hands? then try again... can someone (with the device) confirm the <enter> button?
also can you use the <enter> button otherwise without any problem(s) on the device

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond