PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   how to hard reset sprint diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37674)

luxeluxe 04-23-2009 02:03 AM

Re: how to hard reset sprint diamond

i'm doing the following and having this issue:

Pushing volume down, and enter and power. While holding all 3 i enter the stylus. THe message i get says "this will delete all ... " etc, but does not give me any further instructions on a hard reset. ?

puff 04-23-2009 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxeluxe (Post 870530)
i'm doing the following and having this issue:

Pushing volume down, and enter and power. While holding all 3 i enter the stylus. THe message i get says "this will delete all ... " etc, but does not give me any further instructions on a hard reset. ?

please post the entire msg on that screen. thks

luxeluxe 04-23-2009 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 870557)
please post the entire msg on that screen. thks

oops, bimbo-alert. it said hit volume up, which i did last time but it didn't work, did it again just now and it worked. :D.

thanks for your quick response.

puff 04-23-2009 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxeluxe (Post 870565)
oops, bimbo-alert. it said hit volume up, which i did last time but it didn't work, did it again just now and it worked. :D.

thanks for your quick response.

np. glad i could help :D

MrObvious 04-23-2009 03:28 AM

Blonde moment!

vboyz103 04-23-2009 01:20 PM

I find it actually very easy to do any hard reset using 2 hands. Here's the process I've used.

Take off the batter cover, position the phone in your left hand so that your palm can cover the entire phone. Place your pointing finger to the power button, and your thumb to the Vol down button. Now place the stylus in the reset hole, but using your palm to support the other end of the stylus. Then use your right hand to hold the ENTER button (circle button in the middle of the phone) and using your palm, press it gently on the stylus and it should invoke the process.

Have anyone tried to do this with only 1 hand? :)

Primenall 04-23-2009 02:11 PM

Much EASIER to do it by Starting with your Diamond turned off.......

Hold Round(select) and Volume Down and Power button.... Just push and hold all 3.

No crazy stylus maneuver thrown in. :mrgreen:

puff 04-24-2009 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vboyz103 (Post 871425)
Have anyone tried to do this with only 1 hand? :)

I can do a hard reset (using the turn it off first method) one-handed :D

whatthefunk 08-05-2009 05:04 PM

Anyone still having trouble with the hard reset might want to check the following... 1. make sure you are pressing the center D-pad ("enter") button without pressing other buttons near it. 2. make sure none of the buttons are getting stuck. I managed to get into the reset screen where it says press vol up to reset... and that wasn't working because my enter button got stuck. Once i unstuck the enter button I was good to go.

Sav10 10-09-2009 06:37 AM

Been on several forums on this subject. Tried the hard reset (all versions in this thread) but no joy. Did it before though so no issue there.

Here's my problem: I can access all the tabs on the Today screen but no access to top bar i.e. Start or X/ok. Enter button and Power button good (power on not power off). Also no response from lower function keys such as Home, Back, Phone off/on etc AND no response from Volume Down button. I think this where the main problem is i.e. if volume button is not responding then it may be affecting hard reset. If I could get Start button going I could try memory clear but I can't get to settings menu. I can get to file explorer though. Any ideas anyone?