PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Any idea if the Diamond is exclusive to Sprint? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37514)

cynteeuh 09-16-2008 03:12 PM

Any idea if the Diamond is exclusive to Sprint?

I want the Diamond, but I'm a Verizon/Vzw customer and still within my 2-yr contract. Anyone know if Verizon will be offering the Diamond or if Sprint has an exclusive deal. If Sprint has an exclusive, how long?

Thanks in advance for your insight!

TurboFool 09-16-2008 03:16 PM

Re: Any idea if the Diamond is exclusive to Sprint?

Not even remotely exclusive. Verizon will be getting a gimped version about a month or two later. Already well-confirmed.

Also, wrong board. This is for the Touch Pro.

cynteeuh 09-16-2008 03:21 PM

My bad, I meant 'Diamond Pro'.

Thanks for the update! That's good news. I'll impatiently wait.

TurboFool 09-16-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cynteeuh (Post 418470)
My bad, I meant 'Diamond Pro'.

Thanks for the update! That's good news. I'll impatiently wait.

No such thing as a Diamond Pro. There's a Touch Diamond, and a Touch Pro. Touch Pro is roughly the Diamond with more RAM, keyboard, flash, etc.

Anyway, yes, Verizon will also be getting a gimped version of the Touch Pro in a couple of months.

gobmonster 09-16-2008 03:46 PM

Not to further go off topic but today i held the touch diamond in hand and OMG THE THING IS SMALL! I guess its also cause my hands are large, but the thing is miniature compared to the mogul. I cant wait to see the touch pro in person

drexappeal 09-16-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobmonster (Post 418514)
Not to further go off topic but today i held the touch diamond in hand and OMG THE THING IS SMALL! I guess its also cause my hands are large, but the thing is miniature compared to the mogul. I cant wait to see the touch pro in person

So...just imagine very close to the same height, less width and same depth as your Mogul...there you go. Touch Pro!

darren.wlsn1 09-16-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drexappeal (Post 418671)
So...just imagine very close to the same height, same width and same width as your Mogul...there you go. Touch Pro!

thats funny, i needed that

drexappeal 09-16-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 418679)
thats funny, i needed that

Actually, meant to say similar height, less width and same depth...HAHAHA.

cynteeuh 09-16-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 418477)
No such thing as a Diamond Pro. There's a Touch Diamond, and a Touch Pro. Touch Pro is roughly the Diamond with more RAM, keyboard, flash, etc.

Anyway, yes, Verizon will also be getting a gimped version of the Touch Pro in a couple of months.

WOW, ok. Thanks for clarifying. I definitely meant the "Touch Pro" ;)

themuffinman 09-16-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 418477)

Lol, I guess it really doesn't matter what he is trying to ask since the answer is still the same, "Its Gimped"

TurboFool 09-16-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 418739)
Lol, I guess it really doesn't matter what he is trying to ask since the answer is still the same, "Its Gimped"

True, but it'll be hard to find if he gets the name wrong. I was trying to hammer home the point that it's gimped on Verizon. I don't think enough people realize this. They may have "the best" network, but they pull crap like this all the time.

cynteeuh 09-16-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 418804)
True, but it'll be hard to find if he gets the name wrong. I was trying to hammer home the point that it's gimped on Verizon. I don't think enough people realize this. They may have "the best" network, but they pull crap like this all the time.

Since you put it out there. How gimped? Maybe I should switch networks. For the record, I'm a 'she'. ~Best

drexappeal 09-16-2008 08:33 PM

Diamond red back is exclusive to sprint.

gsvnet 09-16-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cynteeuh (Post 418899)
Since you put it out there. How gimped? Maybe I should switch networks. For the record, I'm a 'she'. ~Best

For one, the RAM is literally halved, if I recall correctly.

drexappeal 09-16-2008 08:46 PM

Oh, and if you meant the Touch Pro, the light grey/chrome trim is probably exclusive to sprint also.

other than that, Verizon version is rumored to have inferior stats. AT&T will be getting their version soon (The Fuze), but no release date has been set.

TheRealHotshot 09-16-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drexappeal (Post 418936)
Oh, and if you meant the Touch Pro, the light grey/chrome trim is probably exclusive to sprint also.

other than that, Verizon version is rumored to have inferior stats. AT&T will be getting their version soon (The Fuze), but no release date has been set.

Hey bro...so let me get this Straight the diamond red back and touch pro light grey/chrome is exclusive? I know you not 100% sure but how sure do you think that's the colors sprint getting? *SideNote!* have you ordered any of the add-on's for the touch pro yet?

drexappeal 09-16-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain (Post 418953)
Hey bro...so let me get this Straight the diamond red back and touch pro light grey/chrome is exclusive? I know you not 100% sure but how sure do you think that's the colors sprint getting? *SideNote!* have you ordered any of the add-on's for the touch pro yet?

Nope...Not sure at all, just seems like each carrier is doing their own thing for styling (so purely assumption).

As for the accessories, not yet. I'm trying to time it perfectly so that the phone and accessories come in at the same time. Probably will order them at teh beginning of October. or 2nd week. The 16gb microSD hasn't been released yet, but it's supposed to come out at the end of the month. Still been searching every day, just in case it pops up somewhere for actual sale and not pre-sale.

TheRealHotshot 09-16-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drexappeal (Post 418991)
Nope...Not sure at all, just seems like each carrier is doing their own thing for styling (so purely assumption).

As for the accessories, not yet. I'm trying to time it perfectly so that the phone and accessories come in at the same time. Probably will order them at teh beginning of October. or 2nd week. The 16gb microSD hasn't been released yet, but it's supposed to come out at the end of the month. Still been searching every day, just in case it pops up somewhere for actual sale and not pre-sale.

I sure hope sprint keeps the light grey/chrome just my Opinion and I was waiting for my add-on stuff to. Only got two to get. And is the 16gb coming out this month or oct?

drexappeal 09-16-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain (Post 419049)
I sure hope sprint keeps the light grey/chrome just my Opinion and I was waiting for my add-on stuff to. Only got two to get. And is the 16gb coming out this month or oct?

I contacted a vendor in the UK for the 16gb microsd and they seemed to think it was end of September. Speculation on most places I've read say end of October. Some sites seem to think it's delayed until the New Year (but I don't buy it because they held off the 12gb release to completely scrap that and release the 16gb - from what I've been reading). We'll see what happens. I'll be ready to buy and as always, I'll post a link once I see one where we can buy.

TheRealHotshot 09-16-2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drexappeal (Post 419087)
I contacted a vendor in the UK for the 16gb microsd and they seemed to think it was end of September. Speculation on most places I've read say end of October. Some sites seem to think it's delayed until the New Year (but I don't buy it because they held off the 12gb release to completely scrap that and release the 16gb - from what I've been reading). We'll see what happens. I'll be ready to buy and as always, I'll post a link once I see one where we can buy.

O ok. Thanks. Guess its the waiting game for the 16gb card. But I wonder what's the price tag gonna be on that puppy when it drops!

themuffinman 09-16-2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Sorry for assuming you were a dude.

themuffinman 09-16-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain (Post 419105)
O ok. Thanks. Guess its the waiting game for the 16gb card. But I wonder what's the price tag gonna be on that puppy when it drops!

I'll take a wild guess and say atleast $120

TurboFool 09-17-2008 12:46 AM

Quote:

First off, apologies for the assumption. It's sad how few girls we have on here, so I played the odds.

Anyway, Verizon version has a 400Mhz processor versus the standard 528Mhz that Sprint keeps. Also cuts the RAM in half from 256 to 128. That goes for both models. Meanwhile the Diamond is a trade-off, with Verizon dropping the 4GB of ROM in favor of a microSD slot, but also dropping the Motion G sensor in the Diamond, which Sprint keeps.

Details can be found here: http://gizmodo.com/5033263/details-o...slight-gimpage

qbanflak0 09-17-2008 07:40 AM

from what i can gather the only reason sprint is getting their diamond out first is because sprint and telus both used the same specs for their diamonds so htc was able to mass produce that model sooner, since verizon added a few hardware changes htc i probably producing their model when they have spare time to do so. Either that or option B. sprint has alot less cluttering apps to slap on to their diamond and a rom than verizon :)

qbanflak0 09-17-2008 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 419328)
First off, apologies for the assumption. It's sad how few girls we have on here, so I played the odds.

Anyway, Verizon version has a 400Mhz processor versus the standard 528Mhz that Sprint keeps. Also cuts the RAM in half from 256 to 128. That goes for both models. Meanwhile the Diamond is a trade-off, with Verizon dropping the 4GB of ROM in favor of a microSD slot, but also dropping the Motion G sensor in the Diamond, which Sprint keeps.

Details can be found here: http://gizmodo.com/5033263/details-o...slight-gimpage

basically the only thing that really straps the sprint version for some users is its non-removable 4gigs but to be honest i can live with the 4 gigs over losing mhz and ram and g-sens any day! common people i know alot of you
love to play who has the bigger or more cards but 4gig is more than enough

cynteeuh 10-28-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 419240)
Sorry for assuming you were a dude.

No prob :)

cynteeuh 10-28-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 419328)

No worries. Thank you very much for clarifying and sharing the link! That's exactly what I need.