PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   transferring contacts, favorites, etc. to Diamond... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37470)

marklyn 09-16-2008 08:50 AM

transferring contacts, favorites, etc. to Diamond...

Would I be correct in assuming that I can simply (pim)backup my pim.vol and favorites from my mogul, copy that up to my pc, then copy back down to my diamond and use pimbackup to restore those two?

Would it be that simple or is will the pim.vol file from the mogul work on the diamond?

TweetyBear 09-16-2008 08:53 AM

Re: transferring contacts, favorites, etc. to Diamond...

i don't have the diamond but couldn't you just use pimbackup and backup to your internal storage and it'll stay there til you decide to format it?

dallas contractor 09-16-2008 08:54 AM

You do not have Outlook on your computer with contacts to transfer to new phone?

darren.wlsn1 09-16-2008 08:58 AM

see if this helps http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ering+contacts

817marine 09-16-2008 12:54 PM

you should give the microsoft live a shot. thats what i use, all i do is sign in with a hotmail account and sync. all of my contacts are automatically put on my ph. it has worked everytime for me.

iamjasonc 09-17-2008 11:47 AM

Get info to new device

Ok, so I FINALLY got my Diamond in. Now, this is a noob question, and I think I know the answer, but How do i get all my crap from my old phone to the new one?

halcyoncmdr 09-17-2008 11:50 AM

Re: Get info to new device

Same way you would with any other windows based phone I would believe. Activesync or Windows Mobile Device Center (Vista)

munsterrr 09-17-2008 11:53 AM

maybe he doesnt have a winmo phone....at that point i would just go to the store and have them do it.i think it would take alot less time

jason25 09-17-2008 11:54 AM

I'd be willing to bet he has a HTC Touch. ;)

iamjasonc 09-17-2008 11:55 AM

I do, but i guess i'm not real sure how to use activesync to do that

iamjasonc 09-17-2008 12:02 PM

Can i just use like, SPBbackup or something?

CNeufeld 09-17-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamjasonc (Post 419887)
I do, but i guess i'm not real sure how to use activesync to do that

You might want to be more specific about what you want to copy. If you want to copy your contacts and calendar (etc), if your old phone is synced up to your desktop computer, when you use ActiveSync or WMDC to sync your new phone with your computer, it will push all the stuff down to your phone.

If you mean the contents of a microSD card, copy the contents from your old phone to a folder on your desktop, then copy the contents down to the Internal Storage on your new computer.

Or you could try running the backup/restore with SPB backup... Never tried that myself.

Clint

Mr. X 09-17-2008 12:16 PM

iamjasonic

i believe i know you from somewhere check your om :)

CozBoogie 09-17-2008 12:17 PM

Threads merged.

late,
Coz

Geekcop 09-17-2008 12:18 PM

Set up a DashWire account, upload all you stuff from your old phone, then d/l to your new one. DashWire will take care of email, SMS, pix, contacts, and v/m

iamjasonc 09-17-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geekcop (Post 419942)
Set up a DashWire account, upload all you stuff from your old phone, then d/l to your new one. DashWire will take care of email, SMS, pix, contacts, and v/m

I would but i've already transferred service to my new phone

iamjasonc 09-17-2008 02:03 PM

lol, dont use spbbackup to move your texts/emails, you'll lose your picturemail account and have to do a hard reset...like ME lol

Exil3d 09-17-2008 03:30 PM

Anyone figured out a fast way? I dont have outlook to try that.

iamjasonc 09-17-2008 03:34 PM

I ended up using spb backup, but only for my PIM contacts and stuff....I guess i'm just gonna lose my texts, and transfer everything else over manually....damn it

Exil3d 09-17-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamjasonc (Post 420411)
I ended up using spb backup, but only for my PIM contacts and stuff....I guess i'm just gonna lose my texts, and transfer everything else over manually....damn it

Ok.. SPB did work on the second try. First try actually froze the Diamond and it gave me a error message. Second time it gave me the error message and then the backup finished. Soo there. Thats one solution.

Mr. X 09-17-2008 03:36 PM

PIMbackup 2.8 backs up everything but email.

seamus 09-17-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 817marine (Post 418168)
you should give the microsoft live a shot. thats what i use, all i do is sign in with a hotmail account and sync. all of my contacts are automatically put on my ph. it has worked everytime for me.

I did the same thing and it transferred all my contacts from Live - about 400. However, I'm having difficulty keeping my hotmail updated. It initially grabbed all the emails on the setup but now it won't sync up new mail. Strange behavior because my contacts are updating in both directions. How does one get the hotmail "pushed" onto the Diamond.

If anyone has appropriate settings for me, much appreciated.

GuyWithNoLife 09-19-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamus (Post 421099)
I did the same thing and it transferred all my contacts from Live - about 400. However, I'm having difficulty keeping my hotmail updated. It initially grabbed all the emails on the setup but now it won't sync up new mail. Strange behavior because my contacts are updating in both directions. How does one get the hotmail "pushed" onto the Diamond.

If anyone has appropriate settings for me, much appreciated.

I'm having the same issue with hotmail not being sent to my diamond... I used to just use IMAP on SprintPCS mail but that's going away in December. The initial sync and test email worked great but I can't get it to sync new emails. Right now I have the sync schedule set to "As Items Arrive". I'm looking around now and will post again if I find anything

Edit: When I first posted, doing a send/receive wasn't getting the updated test messages I'd send to the account. Now I am able to get those messages when I do a manual sync, but if I don't sync the server won't push the message.

Edit 2: Did a soft reset, now push is working. I dunno, I just work here.

seamus 09-28-2008 11:19 AM

Yes, I'm noticing that the updating from Hotmail IS now working intermittently. I got rid of my Telus email and just working with hotmail and regular email now.... no problems.

ANOTHER QUESTION -PIM backup does a good job of backing up contacts.... but how does one backup Favorites in the TF3D tab and the Bookmarks in Opera.

Curb71 10-02-2008 06:21 PM

I want to transfer my contacts from my phone to outlook using activesync (or anything better since Im using a XP OS). Where does activesync give the option to transfer from phone to computer and then to switch it back to transfer from computer to phone?