PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 11:21 AM
N00b

robertzas is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond retentions deals

i have a friend who works for sprint and he said earlyer this year, maybe because of the billing system upgrade, a LOT of people got early ups. I'm not complainin though!
Old 09-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

We have 3 sero lines here (all 3 signed up last September), and lucky for me, my line is the only one showing $150 (the other 2 are showing $75).

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixo12 View Post
What is the number to retentions?

It's one of the numbers that came origianlly in my contacts on my replacement phone when I got it; Sprint Retentions 1(866)6810038.

Hope that works, I've actually never called it to check.

-CC
Old 09-16-2008, 12:00 PM
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by caifalex View Post
BTW, the only feature the Diamond is lacking that the pro has and I actually care about is the TV-out, if it had it I would have bought the Diamond already! (don't care about the flash, sd slot, or keyboard, I actually PREFER no keyboard and a thiinner phone)

Ditto.

-CC

P.S. other than that I'm gonna try to keep quiet sos not to alert the gremlins..
Old 09-16-2008, 12:02 PM
exi
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

exi is just getting started

I'm having absolutely no luck with retentions.

I've had a few offers through them before, and I've got a negative balance at the moment, so this doesn't surprise me a bit. But anyone have any suggestions? I definitely don't want to pay full retail on that phone.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:05 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
Heh, you can still find an email and CID to get in. One of the more up there guys at sprint actually posted his email and last 3 of his employee id on his blog and it is currently listed on the SERO thread on slickdeals:

russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com CID: 383

sprint was well aware people were using SERO that should not have technically gotten it, don't you think they would have closed up the savings@sprintemi.com loophole if they truly cared before?

IMHO I think it was/is a marketing ploy to get people to sign on thinking they are getting in on a great "exclusive" deal.. (btw it is a great deal) in order to bolster their declining customer numbers.. Take it as "free" advertizing, and it worked because it did/does get alot of new/old customers in.. sneaky..

-CC
Old 09-16-2008, 03:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: att

OneOfOne is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to OneOfOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by exi View Post
I'm having absolutely no luck with retentions.

I've had a few offers through them before, and I've got a negative balance at the moment, so this doesn't surprise me a bit. But anyone have any suggestions? I definitely don't want to pay full retail on that phone.
you don't deserve any 'luck' with retentions. you have no legitimate reason to be calling them anyway. you are just a self important jerk who thinks that your wants outweigh anything else. you are exactly the type of person who SHOULD BE attacked on threads like this. what gall.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

hempy is just getting started

I just got a Diamond for only $242 through retentions. I wanted to get a Touch Pro, but there's nothing they can do this early. I'll probably just return within the 30 days if I don't like the lack of a keyboard (I currently use a Mogul), and just get the TPro.

I really didn't expect much when calling, but now I'm really excited that I did!

Btw I am on SERO and have only had my account ~6 months. At first they offered me the $75 and $150 discounts, but it didn't really make it worth it for me.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I ordered online, my contract was up on Sept 1.. I got the regular discounts and with tax my order was 378... then read all the great deals and felt like a smuck.. but I am also not the type to lie about leaving since I have no intentions of doing so. I called retentions and explained all that and asked for any help she could give me in making my final bill more in line with my long term service and truthfulness. (smile). She only gave me the $70 per line but gave me it for both lines and said I can still upgrade the other phone without having to wait the new 2yrs (other phone is due in Dec). That was good enough for me as after rebate my total bill with tax will be 138$ all charged/credited to my account. And my second line does not and has no intentions of upgrading phone so when/if I decided to get something later it won't have to be 2yrs from now, I can just switch phones out.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP12PREDIAMONDMOMENTEVO
Carrier: anyone

veronicamays is becoming a great contributor

I was able to get mine for a credit of $50 by sending back my treo 800w.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond