PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   HTC Diamond guess bricked (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127693)

intxcotton 07-05-2010 08:58 AM

HTC Diamond guess bricked

Hello everyone, hope you can help me :(

Today, I was trying to flash (for the first time unfortunately) HTC Touch Diamond. After spending countless hours roaming The Webs forums, I found out that there are two possible versions of the phone (CDMA and GSM), and since I had no success with the GSM i decided to try CDMA from your site. So i downloaded it, installed, executed. Got WRONG ID (or something like that) error, and now my phone is bricked (i can't power it up, all sorts of resets do nothing) Is there any way to roll back the changes or is it lost?

darren.wlsn1 07-05-2010 09:10 AM

Re: HTC Diamond guess bricked

first is your phone unlocked? do you even know if your cdma or gsm? if no to either i think you need more reading.

intxcotton 07-05-2010 09:28 AM

I was trying to unlock it, now I know im GSM (at least I think I am now that the phone is dead)

cktech71 07-05-2010 11:35 AM

Hold the volume down and the power button that should bring up the tri color screen then download the correct flash to the phone.

MrObvious 07-05-2010 02:35 PM

Vodaphone is GSM. Can you get into bootloader? (Back key, D-Pad center, voldown, and power hold for 5 seconds until a rainbow comes up) If you can then you should be good. Just flash your GSM ROM from XDA.

intxcotton 07-05-2010 06:58 PM

The phone is Orange, sorry forgot to mention

intxcotton 07-06-2010 04:59 AM

Nah, it isnt working..

intxcotton 07-06-2010 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1852126)
Vodaphone is GSM. Can you get into bootloader? (Back key, D-Pad center, voldown, and power hold for 5 seconds until a rainbow comes up) If you can then you should be good. Just flash your GSM ROM from XDA.

Nah, no luck with that..

darren.wlsn1 07-06-2010 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intxcotton (Post 1852972)
Nah, no luck with that..

so your not unlocked but trying to flash? maybe i dont understand gsm but ok.

mwalt2 07-06-2010 10:21 AM

intxcotton, you are bricked. There are two ways to brick your phone. 1) Flash with wrong unlocker for your phone (ie using CDMA for GSM device or vice versa) and 2) flash a wrong radio to your device.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1852987)
so your not unlocked but trying to flash? maybe i dont understand gsm but ok.

He stated he was trying to unlock his phone in response to your post earlier...