PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   my vibrate just went out AGAIN (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116240)

horndoctor 03-31-2010 08:27 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Again, how are you guys using the vibrate function?
I'm curious how much you are using it to see if more frequent use has more of a negative effect. Just wondering. :D

CaliBoyPhillip 04-01-2010 12:10 AM

Re: my vibrate just went out AGAIN

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett8187 (Post 1673059)
i'm 1/2 for failed motors. Hope'in my motor dies in a few months... about the time the evo comes out and there are no more diamonds

You can count on there still being diamonds.. lol, huge line and piles over piles of them left i bet :D

boobman 04-01-2010 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1673149)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Again, how are you guys using the vibrate function?
I'm curious how much you are using it to see if more frequent use has more of a negative effect. Just wondering. :D

I have vibrate for the keyboard, incoming call (ring + vibrate), and alarm clock. Im sure theres lots of old diamonds out there that have been much more vibrated in their lives and still kicking strong.

Whats really disturbing is:

I got my first diamond as a refurb which the touch panel broke same day i got it, so i went back to get new in box diamond in Feb 2010. Ive had this new phone for literally 6 weeks. A few days ago i walk into class and put my phone on vibrate like i always do. to my surprise the phone didnt vibrate. I thought it was just a bug so i didnt think anything of it. Until i noticed that it wasnt vibrating on receive call or anything for that matter. Even on soft reset it wouldnt vibrate. The vibrating is very intermittent to say the least.

So is this confirmed to be a hardware problem :( ? id hate to give up my new diamond for a refurb if its software.

It looks like this is a problem with the diamond, but not a very common one. Havent found too much info on it.

EDIT: well I pretty sure this is hardware problem now, my first suspicion was the phone not vibratrating on reboot. I think it does that as it checks all the hardware. So I took my phone and hit the usb end of it really hard on the palm of my hand. PRESTO my phone vibrates again. LOL. Im not recommending anyone do this. YMMV

boobman 04-01-2010 04:45 PM

just got back from the sprint store, tech said motor was dead. vibrates for now :)

Hellcey 04-05-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boobman (Post 1674992)
just got back from the sprint store, tech said motor was dead. vibrates for now :)

I had the same prob with mine, confirmed to be a hardware problem because it would not even vibrate when first turned on, had no problem with factory warranty, without it for 3 weeks though, that sucked without a smartphone.