PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Mobile 7 for HTC DIAMOND? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112980)

TKG26 03-04-2010 01:50 PM

Mobile 7 for HTC DIAMOND?

Since this is the CDMA upgrade section:

Do we have the hardware power to run WM7?
Do the chefs think there will be WM7 roms down the road?

incognito53 03-04-2010 02:25 PM

Re: Mobile 7 for HTC DIAMOND?

If i were guessing, I would say probably not.. I read somewhere the minimum processor specifications were 1 Ghz, which puts our 528 Mhz phones out of luck. I'm not really sure why WP7S (ugh acronyms) is going to require that much processor being that all it displays is two tone color boxes with half the words trailed off screen, but i digress. I hear rumors of the HD2 getting ported to it. That one has the Snapdragon 1Ghz

Incubated 03-04-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incognito53 (Post 1606424)
If i were guessing, I would say probably not.. I read somewhere the minimum processor specifications were 1 Ghz, which puts our 528 Mhz phones out of luck. I'm not really sure why WP7S (ugh acronyms) is going to require that much processor being that all it displays is two tone color boxes with half the words trailed off screen, but i digress. I hear rumors of the HD2 getting ported to it. That one has the Snapdragon 1Ghz

yea, i agree. i was watching the demos and for the amount of graphics on screen, i could still detect some choppiness. the interviewer asked to see the calendar, go to another app and back to the calendar. it lagged. messaging wasn't snappy either.

this thing is probably wasting all of its resources crawling social networking sites and submitting feedback to third party programs on your daily activity. but most of all, they want to run games, 3d games on that shit. i duno why people are so obsessed with gaming these days. all the phone demos i have seen, they focus on gaming aspect more than on any other thing. i friggin hate it how if i am in any task or app, on my phone, and i get a call it takes 20 seconds to respond. fix that. what's the point of playing need for speed and missing your phone call?

lol. the demo model i've seen was a pure iphone rip off. zune with a phone and games, yet apple is suing htc.

ok but to the point. i wouldn't even want to run that thing on the diamond. manila 2.5 is too laggy even. this shit would explode our phones. after all these years of flashes, i am back to windows 6.1 cuz that's all this phone can handle.

fr3sh_t0_d3f 03-04-2010 08:55 PM

This is nt by any means coming to the diamond or any other phone out now except for the HD2 (Maybe). Microsoft is setting qualifications for phones that will run windows 7. and this belongs in the Diamond section, nt upgrade.

TKG26 03-04-2010 11:10 PM

well its about upgrades. So thats why i posted it here.... Droid was not for many phones yet its now on many(albeit in limited functionality)

Sounds like the new OS is a system hog... too bad.

fr3sh_t0_d3f 03-04-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKG26 (Post 1607644)
well its about upgrades. So thats why i posted it here.... Droid was not for many phones yet its now on many(albeit in limited functionality)

Sounds like the new OS is a system hog... too bad.

Only thing thats suppose to be posted in the upgrade forums is either ROMs, Kitchens, Or Radios.

lucario07 03-05-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr3sh_t0_d3f (Post 1607676)
Only thing thats suppose to be posted in the upgrade forums is either ROMs, Kitchens, Or Radios.

No arguing, if a mod thinks it should stay then let it stay and if a mod plans to move it then they will move it.

fr3sh_t0_d3f 03-05-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucario07 (Post 1607751)
No arguing, if a mod thinks it should stay then let it stay and if a mod plans to move it then they will move it.

ain nobody arguing. I'm just making sure he is informed so he doesnt keep doing it. thats all

lucario07 03-05-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr3sh_t0_d3f (Post 1607761)
ain nobody arguing. I'm just making sure he is informed so he doesnt keep doing it. thats all

ok good to know:mrgreen:

rstoyguy 03-05-2010 08:09 AM

Moved to the Diamond forum.