PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   The Diamond seems slower than the Touch (6900) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109013)

dannieboiz 02-01-2010 09:48 PM

The Diamond seems slower than the Touch (6900)

I went from a touch to a diamond and it feels like the diamond is not as responsive as the touch?

I don't care for any of the stock gui, I use spb shell and a few of their plug ins. I just tried to install OMJ most current rom and it still feels pretty slow.

JQuill 02-03-2010 01:14 PM

Re: The Diamond seems slower than the Touch (6900)

Die a slow death...

how rude sorry...

I mean maybe put some effort in and your phone will work correctly? You joined in 2007 and only have 3 posts, with that level of effort what do you expect to get out of your phone?

jdw7985 02-04-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JQuill (Post 1537778)
Die a slow death...

how rude sorry...

I mean maybe put some effort in and your phone will work correctly? You joined in 2007 and only have 3 posts, with that level of effort what do you expect to get out of your phone?

I really feel these are the types of responses that need to be eliminated on ppcgeeks...lack of posting doesnt mean ppl haven't researched certain issues. And to tell anyone to "Die a slow death" in any context is uncalled for.

wmdunn 02-04-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdw7985 (Post 1541848)
I really feel these are the types of responses that need to be eliminated on ppcgeeks...lack of posting doesnt mean ppl haven't researched certain issues. And to tell anyone to "Die a slow death" in any context is uncalled for.

Don't get on the response or the responder ... there was no need for the thread to begin with. Hey Don ... do us all a favor and close this one, please.

hibby50 02-04-2010 09:48 PM

The OP wants to know if anyone else has experienced this... both of you should be more respectful and if you don't have an answer don't post a criticism

wmdunn 02-04-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 1542045)
The OP wants to know if anyone else has experienced this... both of you should be more respectful and if you don't have an answer don't post a criticism

He didn't ask a question ... and he didn't ask for help. He was simply whining and complaining. There are several of us who help others all the time ... but this kind of open ended negativity, doesn't help us understand what he's even looking for. Since you seem to think he's asking for help ... perhaps you should have taken the opportunity to jump in and help him.

jdw7985 02-05-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmdunn (Post 1541991)
Don't get on the response or the responder ... there was no need for the thread to begin with. Hey Don ... do us all a favor and close this one, please.

Wow...I guess telling someone to die slow is a proper response. Op there are alot of Diamond roms out there from older 6.1 roms to the newer and heavier 6.5 which may be causing alot of lag for you. I have recently went back to stock rom and other than not being finger friendly it's nice and smooth. You may also have a bad phone...I would suggest testing more roms that are a little lighter than OMJ's.

fixxxer2012 02-05-2010 08:01 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HERO200 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

the diamond was slow for me as well.

wmdunn 02-05-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdw7985 (Post 1544458)
Wow...I guess telling someone to die slow is a proper response. Op there are alot of Diamond roms out there from older 6.1 roms to the newer and heavier 6.5 which may be causing alot of lag for you. I have recently went back to stock rom and other than not being finger friendly it's nice and smooth. You may also have a bad phone...I would suggest testing more roms that are a little lighter than OMJ's.

C'mon ... lighten up just a bit ... he was just using sarcasm ... obviously over the top and in poor taste. If the OP is looking for a quick, stable rom ... I have several of my own posted in the "looking for a stable rom ... " thread, in this Diamond Forum.

Journeyjeans 02-06-2010 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmdunn (Post 1544873)
C'mon ... lighten up just a bit ... he was just using sarcasm ... obviously over the top and in poor taste. If the OP is looking for a quick, stable rom ... I have several of my own posted in the "looking for a stable rom ... " thread, in this Diamond Forum.

That is the most terrible use of sarcasm I've ever seen....die a slow death....yeah...