PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   What are some problems with replacement phones? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106572)

lucario07 01-16-2010 12:06 PM

What are some problems with replacement phones?

I was just wondering what are most problems with replacement phones that generally make you mad for getting a replacement, only asking the people who had replacement phones.

beestea 01-16-2010 12:42 PM

Re: What are some problems with replacement phones?

I have had the following issues on the Sprint CDMA Touch Diamond

1. vibrations stopped working (two different phones)
2. touch flow 3d wouldn't load when phone powered on (even after full format and flashed roms wouldn't load right either)
3. power button became stuck or wouldn't work

Journeyjeans 01-16-2010 05:03 PM

One of my replacements had an odd white spot on the screen. The next replacement came with a black blemish on the screen. The last replacement seems to be holding up though.

Carla 01-16-2010 09:57 PM

Two of my Diamond and one of my TP replacements, the bottom left corner of the screen would "bleed" when you pushed on it. I don't push hard, so it was very noticeable.

I also got a replacement Diamond that looked like it was rolled in the dirt before it was sent to me.

One of the bleeding screen Diamonds actually looked and felt brand new even though it wasn't.

It's kind of hit or miss :)

GirlGoneGeek 01-18-2010 12:17 AM

One of my replacements screen would go black in the middle of nowhere. I had to continuously press the power button to try and get it to come back on and it finally would after 10 presses. lol So it had a mind of its own when it wanted to be on or not.

iwillfearnoevil 01-18-2010 10:56 AM

my replacement was brand new ... love it!

Turbopowr 01-18-2010 10:58 AM

I had to have my Diamond replaced in March of last year because I broke the screen, and they sent me a brand new one in the original box with all accessories. Now I have two batteries, chargers, etc. :)

amd4me 01-18-2010 11:01 AM

Replacements are almost invariably refurbs and once in a while you will get a bad one.

stravy 01-18-2010 12:55 PM

I am on my seventh diamond.

1. Original in the box - lasted 4 months before magnet that holds stylus in fell out.
2. Refurb - lasted about a month until screen separated
3. Refurb - lasted less than a week before screen separated
4. New in box - lasted 3 months before screen separated
5. New in box - lasted 1 month before screen separated
6. Refurb - lasted lest than a week. Bad radio, failed test at sprint corporate store.
7. Refurb - lasted about 5 months. Now the screen separation issue has gotten too bad to use the phone efficiently and am taking it back today.

Carla 01-18-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbopowr (Post 1498448)
I had to have my Diamond replaced in March of last year because I broke the screen, and they sent me a brand new one in the original box with all accessories. Now I have two batteries, chargers, etc. :)

I assume since you broke the screen you went through Assurion? They usually give out new in box phones from what I have heard, and I have gone through them once and it was brand new. Almost always, if it is TEP replacement it is going to be a refurb :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by stravy (Post 1498689)
I am on my seventh diamond.

1. Original in the box - lasted 4 months before magnet that holds stylus in fell out.
2. Refurb - lasted about a month until screen separated
3. Refurb - lasted less than a week before screen separated
4. New in box - lasted 3 months before screen separated
5. New in box - lasted 1 month before screen separated
6. Refurb - lasted lest than a week. Bad radio, failed test at sprint corporate store.
7. Refurb - lasted about 5 months. Now the screen separation issue has gotten too bad to use the phone efficiently and am taking it back today.

Why haven't you gone through advanced exchange and changed to a different device? I don't know what they are offering for the Diamond, but it's worth asking about if you are doing it again.