PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you keep your Diamond as your every day phone until the HD2 hits the U.S.?
Yes 58 96.67%
No 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 03:47 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: Who is sticking with the Diamond until something like the HD2 hits the U.S.?

I bought a tp2 from a friend for 200$ lol all i have to say is meh not much of an "upgrade" I think I'm wait it out till 4g phones are out and much faster and better looking windows mobile phones are out or perhaps a android >.>.. time will tell

btw i gave that touch pro 2 to my brother now, some odd reason i missed my diamond, much of been that good old non fatness
Old 12-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Who is sticking with the Diamond until something like the HD2 hits the U.S.?

hunkered down for now... But starting to think I might just use the upgrade on an android device and have both. We'll see what comes out soon.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S™ II Epic™ 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

iflog is a n00b

I have been trying to sell my Diamond for about a month now with no takers. Had it on Craigslist for $200, down to $150 now and still nothing shaking. I was thinking about getting a Hero but I would really like a HD2. Does anyone know when they will come available?
Old 12-10-2009, 02:33 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

They should be available on T-Mobile come Christmas.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S™ II Epic™ 4G Touch

iflog is a n00b

Anything about Sprint? Anyone want to buy a Diamond?
Old 12-10-2009, 12:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

gradynyc is a n00b

[QUOTE=JQuill;1394522]Who else has common sense?

Hero - Bigger screen but with a lower resolution than the diamond, same processor speed as the diamond. (honestly the android platform on the sprint hero doesn't seem like a true smartphone, more like HTC tried to create something as cool as but not as aristocratic as the iPhone)

I play with most carriers Phones/Platforms Being an IT Admin. Diamond/TP/Hero/Droid/Blackberry. I don't see what all the fuss is about android. I've got a Verizon droid sitting in the box right next to me ready to go back as soon as the touch pro 2 gets here. As far as the android market goes, it seems you will need every app they have to do simple things. Who makes a smart phone without a file explorer? Cmon! I'll stick to windows mobile. Our rep has told us many people are sending it back, Sorry for the inconvenience. That verizon Droid phone was not ready for primetime. Hero I could take or leave as well. All I want is a much bigger screen and more processing power. HD2 come quickly.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

yeah I just can't see a phone worth buying that would be better than my diamond till the HD comes out, don't mind going to T-Mobil to get it either, I can just sell the ol diamond and probably get a free HD2 with a contract or something, its thin, sleek, with a ginormous screen, I just can't wait till the cooks get their hands on it so we can start getting ROMs out, because I guarantee 21882 is better than whatever stock rom they have on there.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

llmask is just getting started

i left the diamond for the hero.

hero's resolution is small, but for a simple user, its still pretty good - i mean, you can still watch youtube in hd.

hero is smoother in everything compared to diamond.

hero is a pretty phone, and its quite entertaining.

however, it lacks one function that is related to my job - logmein.com. no support for android phones yet.

exchange support through the hero was better in my opinion compared to diamond.
oh, and hava - its not supported in android yet.

getting apps is so much easier in hero than in diamond - with diamond, i had to search all over the place.

all in all, hero is phone that is smooth, entertaining and pretty. diamond, was a good phone, its just winmo OS just killed it.

FYI: these are just my opinion. i also have experience with TP2. nice phone, nice screen, nice solid feel, nice keyboard. but too bulky, to big, and winmo OS again.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:48 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I've been seeing videos for the hd2... All i can say is plain wow I love it, I sure do hope Sprint can get it.. what do you fellas think? Sprint will get it or neh?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

HD2 sounds good. If Sprint doesn't get it, I will take a hard look at the Carrier that does. Sprint has been sluggush regarding New WinMo Phones. I gues there are not many new models around. And hopefully, Sprint is waiting for the HD2. Maybe it's a case of the Quiet before the Storm, or whatever that saying is
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond