PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Diamond to ? (probably not what you think) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100432)

DiamondsAreForever 12-06-2009 09:55 PM

Diamond to ? (probably not what you think)

so ive spoken to my local electronics shop for sprints repair and replacement program and they've already told me my phone is eligible for replacement.... does anyone know for sure what ill get if its not the diamond, and if it is the diamond, how long should i wait to get what phone?

basilray 12-06-2009 09:56 PM

Re: Diamond to ? (probably not what you think)

10:1 says you get the DIamond.

DiamondsAreForever 12-06-2009 09:59 PM

thanks for the quick reply, hopefully you're wrong, no offense lol, but then how long should i wait to get something else? anybody? or anybody with a different opinion or answer?

iwillfearnoevil 12-06-2009 10:26 PM

tep is not an upgrade program. my diamond could not be repaired in store and they had no replacements in store and another diamond was shipped to me last week. why not ask store how long replacement takes? it's usually overnighted.

bigmoe88 12-06-2009 11:52 PM

Yea I just got my Diamond replaced a few weeks ago. They gave me another Diamond.

algershick 12-07-2009 12:37 AM

I've got this in another thread, but I brought my Diamond to Sprint today and they're replacing it with a 6850 (Touch Pro). Not sure exactly how that happened, we'll see when it shows up in a few days though!

86gn 12-08-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by algershick (Post 1392417)
I've got this in another thread, but I brought my Diamond to Sprint today and they're replacing it with a 6850 (Touch Pro). Not sure exactly how that happened, we'll see when it shows up in a few days though!

When you get the Pro and it get damaged:) do you get a TP2 when ya send it in

InvincibleLiving 12-08-2009 02:57 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I keep hoping to have mine replaced w/ a TP as well. since there's no replacement for the diamond at least give me 'diamond' with a kb y'know!

Jadall 12-09-2009 12:34 AM

yeah they replace with the same phone and they hear it all the time people killing phones for various reasons but some people actually get a different phone basically only if the model they are using is defective exchange it like 5 or more legitamate times in a short enough time they might replace it but they had to crack down because people would really abuse the whole thing because the companies send you a phone out before you send back the defective one so then you send the phone back DAMAGED for warranty and the wireless company will charge you anyways for a refurb of the same phone model. and these refurbs I suspect sometimes are just crap ones returned for being messed up the reset them and send them back. some companies when I was working for cingular at&t's warranty quite some time ago would replace with new ones when a new model is out (don't have any refurbs) or the phon is just a pain to fix or refub.

Biker1 12-09-2009 04:45 AM

I got myself a Back up Diamond just in case Sprint wants to "Upgrade" me to an Eclipse :(