PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Desire (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=242)
-   -   Unrevoked did not S-off USCC Desire (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137095)

gtdq 11-17-2010 09:24 AM

Unrevoked did not S-off USCC Desire

I did unrevoked last week and got root. When I tried to uninstall bloatware, I found out that s was still on. I have backed up with titanium backup, if I wipe my device and unrevoke again, do you think i could get s off? I tried formating my SD card (fat 32 w/ default allocation size). I am using a USCC Desire this is the Soff error message I get.

unrEVOked forever S-OFF patch v1.1

Verifying system type...
Got device:
@PID: 88,"BRAVO_C"
Got radio version:
E:unsupported radio version
E:Update failed. Check /sdcard/soff.log.

I installed roam control to allow forced roaming do you think this had anything to do with the unsupported radio? Thanks for the help.

heavymetalmage 11-17-2010 01:00 PM

Re: Unrevoked did not S-off USCC Desire

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtdq (Post 1997194)
I did unrevoked last week and got root. When I tried to uninstall bloatware, I found out that s was still on. I have backed up with titanium backup, if I wipe my device and unrevoke again, do you think i could get s off? I tried formating my SD card (fat 32 w/ default allocation size). I am using a USCC Desire this is the Soff error message I get.

unrEVOked forever S-OFF patch v1.1

Verifying system type...
Got device:
@PID: 88,"BRAVO_C"
Got radio version:
E:unsupported radio version
E:Update failed. Check /sdcard/soff.log.

I installed roam control to allow forced roaming do you think this had anything to do with the unsupported radio? Thanks for the help.

2.05.10.08.11 is a new radio version. If you go on irc, freenode server, #unrevokedtest channel, you should be able to get the version that can s-off your version. Roam control shouldn't affect any of this.

gtdq 11-17-2010 06:06 PM

Thanks Heavy, what is IRC do you have a link for that? I will try it tonight and post the results.

gtdq 11-17-2010 06:09 PM

I think I found it is this what you are talking about?
public:forever [RootWiki]

Is this the instructions that I follow?

gtdq 11-17-2010 11:51 PM

This works, download the most recent ''unrevoked-forever.zip'' rename it update put in on your SD Card root and follow the instructions.

heavymetalmage 11-18-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtdq (Post 1997938)

This works, download the most recent ''unrevoked-forever.zip'' rename it update put in on your SD Card root and follow the instructions.

Excellent. Glad you got it working :)

chrialex 11-24-2010 07:10 PM

If you use VISIONary + you can temproot your phone and then use Titanium Backup to remove bloatware. That is what I did since I am waiting to permroot until after 2.2 is released by USCC.