PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   [SMS INCREASE] REMOVE the 160+ SMS Limit on WP7 for HTC Arrive GOLD_C (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149847)

mapaz04 04-23-2012 09:32 PM

[SMS INCREASE] REMOVE the 160+ SMS Limit on WP7 for HTC Arrive GOLD_C

6 Attachment(s)
SO EXCITED... THIS WORKS... HAVE TESTED ON BOTH DFT AND ANSAR ROM'S

Alright, after searching time and time again. Trying time and time again... And Failing time and time again... http://forum.xda-developers.com/images/smilies/eek.gif (jejeje) I was finally successful at sending multiple messages through the HTC Arrive... http://forum.xda-developers.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

I feel so stupid for not trying this as one of the first things but hey... You gotta deal with your own stupidity at times http://forum.xda-developers.com/imag...ies/tongue.gif ... jejeje

Anyway, what you guys have been waiting for...

HOW TO REMOVE THE 160 CHARACTER SMS LIMIT ON WP7
(I can only try this on the HTC Arrive as I do NOT have any other WP7 device)

I HAVE TESTED THIS ON ANSAR's CUSTOM ROM'S (16.04 TANGO V1 8773) AND ON DFT's CUSTOM ROM (Freedom V1)

Use the included REGISTRY EDITOR on EITHER ROM's to edit entree:

1.) Go to HKLM\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Router\CDMA and change the Contantenation entry from a 0 to a 1

2.) *** Very important thing (as of now)*** Select the EXIT from the Registry Editor (DO NOT BACK OUT of the app, press MENU then EXIT)
3.) Go to your text messages and try to send a 161+ character text message to YOURSELF

(You should not have the 160 character limit now, it should say message 1/2 but you should receive an error back saying that the message cannot be sent)
4.) REBOOT YOUR PHONE!!!
5.) Once your phone is back up, go back to the text hub and click on RETRY SEND to send the text message.
(This message will leave this time with no response from the Messaging App.)

***WAIT A MINUTE OR TWO TO RECEIVE THE MESSAGE, IF YOU DONT RECEIVE THEN FOLLOW THE NEXT STEP***

6.) Go back to your text hub and TYPE A NEW 161+ character message and try to send yourself again. This time you should receive 2+ messages after going through the network.

7.) Combine this tweak with my unlimited MMS size http://forum.xda-developers.com/images/smilies/eek.gif tweak and you are good to go!!! You can now have unlimited SMS characters and MMS size... jejeje http://forum.xda-developers.com/imag...es/biggrin.gif
(For the MMS post, go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...83#post2176283 )

THERE YOU GO... 160+SMS MESSAGE IS POSSIBLE THROUGH WP7... HTC ARRIVE... BOTH DFT AND ANSAR ROMS!!!

THANKS GO OUT TO ANSAR AND DFT FOR THE ROMS AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO LEADPOIZON FOR THE REGISTRY.

AND OF COURSE, DONT FORGET TO HIT THE "THANKS" BUTTON IF THIS HAS HELPED YOU!!! JEJEJE http://forum.xda-developers.com/images/smilies/eek.gif

sal475 04-24-2012 01:01 AM

Re: [SMS INCREASE] REMOVE the 160+ SMS Limit on WP7 for HTC Arrive GOLD_C

You Rock :headbang:

Aleki 04-24-2012 01:53 AM

REPREPREP!!!

dtrush 04-24-2012 05:39 PM

@mapaz04 I appreciate this information so very much:wave: I have been wishing for a solution to this annoyance for quite a while. Have been running a custom rom for some time now with the registry editor but didn't know where to look for the setting.

Worked like a charm!

fixxxer2012 04-24-2012 06:41 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ADR6425LVW Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Thanks for the guide.

eric12341 04-24-2012 07:59 PM

Its finally fixed for the sprint WP users. As sprint will likely not fix it themselves,they should have a look at this thread tl see exactly how easy it js to fix.

steveo70 04-25-2012 02:21 AM

AWESOME!

Aleki 04-25-2012 10:26 AM

Now I guess the next thing to look into is the music pausing whenever opening or closing the hardware keyboard :D

mapaz04 04-25-2012 12:52 PM

I think that's fixed on Tango BC my music doesn't stop anymore when I open the kb... On Ansars Tango V1 8773

Sent from my HTC Arrive 8773 using Board Express

dtrush 04-25-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapaz04 (Post 2176438)
I think that's fixed on Tango BC my music doesn't stop anymore when I open the kb... On Ansars Tango V1 8773

Looks like I'll go with the Tango this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.

mapaz04 04-25-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrush (Post 2176443)
Looks like I'll go with the Tango this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.

Dont get your hopes up just yet... My phone was glitching I guess because now its pausing again... :dontknow:

I will look for this for you (and me... jejeje :toothy10: ) because i know its annoying... jejeje

I will post my results... :toothy7:

PS... I would still go with TANGO though... Its faster.. from what I can tell... jejeje \\:D/

dtrush 04-26-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapaz04 (Post 2176505)
Dont get your hopes up just yet... My phone was glitching I guess because now its pausing again... :dontknow:

I will look for this for you (and me... jejeje :toothy10: ) because i know its annoying... jejeje

I will post my results... :toothy7:

PS... I would still go with TANGO though... Its faster.. from what I can tell... jejeje \\:D/

Yeah, the reliability of the phone day in and day out is super important to me. I don't want to have any problems. I downloaded the Tango 18L rom yesterday off your SkyDrive for the weekend install. I'll hold off if you think the annoyance isn't solved. I use the phone a lot during the day.
I really hate reloading 32GB of music & apps etc on the phone and starting over if it aint for the better:mrgreen:

mapaz04 04-26-2012 04:31 PM

Aww man, don't let my comment stop you... Remember that my phone right now is a guineapig being regedited like crazy... Most of my glitches are self inflicted... jejeje... Trying to find a way to "overclock" without actually overclocking... jejeje

haramzee 04-26-2012 10:50 PM

Drush, mapaz is right, he's hacked his registry like crazy and its destroyed the tango fix for the music. I have the 8773 Tango from ansar and it doesn't pause the music anymore if I open or close the keyboard. I was thrilled when I found it fixed.

I just don't like how they switched the search key with the call history list. I search more than I call.

mapaz04 04-26-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haramzee (Post 2176665)
Drush, mapaz is right, he's hacked his registry like crazy and its destroyed the tango fix for the music. I have the 8773 Tango from ansar and it doesn't pause the music anymore if I open or close the keyboard. I was thrilled when I found it fixed.

I just don't like how they switched the search key with the call history list. I search more than I call.

jejeje... :scratch: sometimes you gotta give yourself the glitches... :violent1: to find the fixes... :occasion5: jejeje

Ohhh... and you can change the search key... here is the app thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post24755046
change from .zip to .xap and install. Go to the Settings and its at the bottom... jejeje

adihere 04-27-2012 01:50 AM

FYI my music never pause unless i physically hit pause or a call/txt comes in...i open the keyboard all day long and im on DFT, so not sure why some ppl experience that... :-? As well as the wifi bug isnt an issue for me neither...guess i got lucky cuz not only that but my 160+ reg hack worked right after i edited it w/o receiving an error me or having to reset. :headbang:

dtrush 04-27-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapaz04 (Post 2176610)
Aww man, don't let my comment stop you... Remember that my phone right now is a guineapig being regedited like crazy... Most of my glitches are self inflicted... jejeje... Trying to find a way to "overclock" without actually overclocking... jejeje

OK man, I'll do it then. Yeah, I only plan on regediting the 160 SMS, I don't do the MMS yet because I haven't got the APN figured out on this phone yet. I rarely send them so it doesn't bother me. I know in this version of DFT under the Settings-->Cellular--> it has an add apn button but I've never bothered to look it up because I've been busy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by haramzee (Post 2176665)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapaz04 (Post 2176666)
jejeje... :scratch: sometimes you gotta give yourself the glitches... :violent1: to find the fixes... :occasion5: jejeje

Ohhh... and you can change the search key... here is the app thread:
[8.4.2012][NT 8773 18L 8107 22L 3La/3Lb]HD7_ML_51240105_R_5710902a_22515021U by ansar - Page 10 - xda-developers
change from .zip to .xap and install. Go to the Settings and its at the bottom... jejeje

I'll keep this info on hand. Searching isn't something I do a lot I guess so it probably wont bother me.

mapaz04 04-27-2012 11:21 AM

APN? APN? APN FOR SPRINT? Nah, you dont need it... those settings are within the PRL and the PROFILE... You dont have to worry about the APN on SPRINT phones...

Unless you are coming from a Pro 7 and not an ARRIVE... So... Sending MMS should be already something you can do now... No editing needed... jejeje

dtrush 04-27-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapaz04 (Post 2176698)
APN? APN? APN FOR SPRINT? Nah, you dont need it... those settings are within the PRL and the PROFILE... You dont have to worry about the APN on SPRINT phones...

Unless you are coming from a Pro 7 and not an ARRIVE... So... Sending MMS should be already something you can do now... No editing needed... jejeje

My situation is much more complicated. I'm running my Arrive on an MVNO Page Plus Cellular on Verizon towers so the phone needs to be manually programmed. No such over the air programming for it. My PRL I had to use CDMA workshop to upload & Qualcomm's software for the QPST programming to get the data setup on it. The MMS needs the APN settings for Page Plus/Verizon from what I understand.

Just yesterday I purchased another Arrive actually for another friend. That's 6 Arrive's I've manually programmed for friends and family on Page Plus. I've told everyone that the MMS aint going to work so don't ask\\:D/

mapaz04 04-27-2012 01:54 PM

Try to set a simple APN with the name: internet

everything should be blank. If this does not work, you will have to input your usename and password... but that is how Verizon APN works... Dont know if Page Plus will do it though... Thats how we used to get it working back in the WM6.5 days... jejeje

dtrush 05-08-2012 07:34 PM

I installed the Ansar 8773 18L rom last night. I put my regedits in and I'm back to normal.

The keyboard slide for music does work when the sound is going out the Arrive's speaker. BUT.... when I have some headphones plugged in and slide the keyboard in or out the music stops. Unfortunately I am listening to music through the headphones quite a bit and go to answer an incoming text, slide the keyboard, and the music stops:-(

I couldn't find any post stating specifics on this and to possibily try to find out a possible regedit, xap or whatever. It doesn't seem to me clear back on the Mango beta that this was ever an issue. Maybe I'm smoking something:idea1:

twiztid420 05-15-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrush (Post 2177962)
I installed the Ansar 8773 18L rom last night. I put my regedits in and I'm back to normal.

The keyboard slide for music does work when the sound is going out the Arrive's speaker. BUT.... when I have some headphones plugged in and slide the keyboard in or out the music stops. Unfortunately I am listening to music through the headphones quite a bit and go to answer an incoming text, slide the keyboard, and the music stops:-(

I couldn't find any post stating specifics on this and to possibily try to find out a possible regedit, xap or whatever. It doesn't seem to me clear back on the Mango beta that this was ever an issue. Maybe I'm smoking something:idea1:

Are you having any issues with that ansar rom ? any bugs or anyhting yet ?

dtrush 05-16-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twiztid420 (Post 2178778)
Are you having any issues with that ansar rom ? any bugs or anyhting yet ?

I've had the rom freeze on me a couple of times when answering an incoming call pretty much immediately.

The rom has soft reset the phone a couple of times also. Don't know what caused it either. Seems like isolated incidents.

I did do the regedits on the phone to say this was a Nokia Lumia 800 so I could download Nokia Drive.

If there are any other issues I didn't notice them or they weren't serious enough to care about. I'll keep an eye out. I did have a little trouble with the Office Hub with SkyDrive but that seemed to work itself out.

mapaz04 05-23-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrush (Post 2178858)
I've had the rom freeze on me a couple of times when answering an incoming call pretty much immediately.

The rom has soft reset the phone a couple of times also. Don't know what caused it either. Seems like isolated incidents.

I did do the regedits on the phone to say this was a Nokia Lumia 800 so I could download Nokia Drive.

If there are any other issues I didn't notice them or they weren't serious enough to care about. I'll keep an eye out. I did have a little trouble with the Office Hub with SkyDrive but that seemed to work itself out.

Sorry to hear you had so many problems... I have had a different experience as I have never experienced any of those bugs... Try to wipe or fresh install again because something seems to be off with your installation...

In other news, if you guys dont want to be changing things on your phone to have access to Nokia/Samsung/blah blah blah... download the wAppStore xap from my post here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/windows-ph...ketplaces.html
There are also two other marketplaces there Bazaar is mainly Homebrew, Deepshinning is both Homebrew and Selected Apps. However, wAppStore seems to give you more options for OEM or Category of app that you are looking for...

Hope this helps.

PS. dtrush: im still looking into the music stopping when opening the kb... im slowly loosing hope... jejeje