PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Bigsmith is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Questions from another TP2 veteran

Hi,
Just bought a new Arrive on ebay to replace my TP2. Have been reading up on WP7 while waiting for it to "arrive" and would appreciate input on a couple of things:

1. I connect to an Exchange server for work mail/calendar/contacts. I just signed up for my Hotmail/Live account and although I haven't used Hotmail before I do anticipate using it for personal email/calendar/contacts. Just want to confirm that the Arrive can do push email with Exchange and Hotmail accounts simultaneously? I know about the unified inbox, which is cool. Can I choose whether to keep Exchange and Hotmail calendars and contacts separate on the device or combine them in a single view?

2. A TP2 feature I loved was the extusb port which provided audio out and power in through a single cable, very handy for the car. I assume the Arrive's microusb port does not carry audio, correct?
If so, are there any options for car audio other than the headphone jack? I recall reading that there were some issues with Bluetooth audio on this device (or WP7 in general) not working for videos etc? Is that still the case?

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Questions from another TP2 veteran

1. The arrive will sync both contacts from the exchange account as well as the live account. Make sure u add the live account first and install the outlook-hotmail connector. Also keep in mind that whenever u add new contacts on the arrive it will goto the live account and not the work exchange account. U can keep inboxes separate if u wish and u can also filter ur contact list to display whatever and whenever.

2. This one is a bit tricky, the extUSB adapter from the TP will not work in the arrive because the arrive now uses the new standardized microUSB port. A microUSB adapter of the such should work tho. As for videos over Bluetooth it was an issue in nodo but I'm not sure about mango as I have not recently tried it but I have not seen any complaints about it lately.

Another thing that may be of an issue is texting. Currently on the arrive it doesn't allow u to go past 160 characters. This is a bug on the arrive that sprint still hasn't fixed (just like their network). It is not a limitation with WP.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Bigsmith is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
1. The arrive will sync both contacts from the exchange account as well as the live account. Make sure u add the live account first and install the outlook-hotmail connector. Also keep in mind that whenever u add new contacts on the arrive it will goto the live account and not the work exchange account. U can keep inboxes separate if u wish and u can also filter ur contact list to display whatever and whenever.

2. This one is a bit tricky, the extUSB adapter from the TP will not work in the arrive because the arrive now uses the new standardized microUSB port. A microUSB adapter of the such should work tho. As for videos over Bluetooth it was an issue in nodo but I'm not sure about mango as I have not recently tried it but I have not seen any complaints about it lately.
Thanks for the response.

Are you sure I need to install the Outlook connector? I thought the Windows Phone mail app would sync directly with Exchange servers and Hotmail, and the connector was only for syncing with desktop Outlook.

I realize that the extUSB adapter from the TP2 won't fit the Arrive microUSB port. My question is whether the Arrive's microUSB port outputs audio at all. I haven't seen any source indicating that it is anything other than a standard microUSB port so I assume it does not carry audio, only data and power.

Last edited by Bigsmith; 02-07-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

WP syncs directly with exchange servers. I thought u would want to sync with outlook too, my bad. And I guess it would work since digital audio is a specification of USB, only thing to do is try I guess with a cheap micro-USB headset.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: ACS (Alaska)

Wycky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The WP7/Arrive does carry audio/video from that MicroUSB port, and the reason I know is because I purchased an HDMI adapter for my WP7 on Amazon so that I can hook it up to my TV. I've never had a problem with it. ~THC

Link: Amazon.com: Menotek Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter IMPROVED WITH RCP (Remote Control Protocol) for Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Evo 4G Tablet, HTC Sensation 4G, Sprint Epic 4G Touch, Galaxy Nexus: Electronics
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycky View Post
The WP7/Arrive does carry audio/video from that MicroUSB port, and the reason I know is because I purchased an HDMI adapter for my WP7 on Amazon so that I can hook it up to my TV. I've never had a problem with it. ~THC

Link: Amazon.com: Menotek Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter IMPROVED WITH RCP (Remote Control Protocol) for Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Evo 4G Tablet, HTC Sensation 4G, Sprint Epic 4G Touch, Galaxy Nexus: Electronics
thats good to know, now hopefully people can stop clamoring for HDMI out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro