PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   OUCH! The BAD, and the GOOD (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147521)

steveo70 10-15-2011 03:59 AM

OUCH! The BAD, and the GOOD

The Bad... Sprint makes the Arrive a poster child for their Buyback program, favors iPhone 4S | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

D@*N Sprint!

The Good.. ChevronWP7 Labs unlocker a few weeks from launch, new details released | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Can't wait!

rrjskj 10-15-2011 02:36 PM

Re: OUCH! The BAD, and the GOOD

dude thats pretty fucked up all that for the damn iphone wtf is sprint thinking .. oh well at least there is some good news thanks for sharing man ..

eric12341 10-15-2011 03:43 PM

I gave them a piece of my mind in the sprint community, including even threatening to be asked to be let out of my contract because of the still shitty speeds in my city.

twiztid420 10-18-2011 02:43 PM

they change the picture to a Lotus Elite now. and here is the other kicker i just for shits and giggles check to see what you would get if you trade in your phone. you get a whopping $73 for it. not even the amount you would pay if you had the SEP and lost or had your phone stolen. thats LAME.

eric12341 10-18-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twiztid420 (Post 2150951)
they change the picture to a Lotus Elite now. and here is the other kicker i just for shits and giggles check to see what you would get if you trade in your phone. you get a whopping $73 for it. not even the amount you would pay if you had the SEP and lost or had your phone stolen. thats LAME.

those buyback and cell your stuff sites like usell.com are scams at best, it said that my Wii was only worth $17 and my Xbox 360 S 4GB was $75. one would have to be a complete dumbass in order to actually do this. I also helped getting that ad removed by posting my discontent towards it in the sprint community.

twiztid420 10-18-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2150956)
those buyback and cell your stuff sites like usell.com are scams at best, it said that my Wii was only worth $17 and my Xbox 360 S 4GB was $75. one would have to be a complete dumbass in order to actually do this. I also helped getting that ad removed by posting my discontent towards it in the sprint community.

I agree completely you can get more just about any where else selling the phone. Those programs are crap never seen a good one.

fixxxer2012 10-20-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2150444)
I gave them a piece of my mind in the sprint community, including even threatening to be asked to be let out of my contract because of the still shitty speeds in my city.

dude ive told you for months that sprint is a huge mess. i got out for free by contacting dan@sprint. come to verizon, you will be happier.

eric12341 10-20-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 2151252)
dude ive told you for months that sprint is a huge mess. i got out for free by contacting dan@sprint. come to verizon, you will be happier.

I'm looking at USCC and T-mobile. I don't like the idea of paying $30-50 more and being limited to only 2GB of data. maybe once I find a job I'll goto VZ and that's if sprint hadn't already improved because they're reportedly working on network vision and someone in HOFO said that it will be rolled out in Chicagoland next month so I'm waiting to see what happens with that.

TexasAggie97 10-25-2011 11:52 AM

The executives at Sprint are pissed off at how poorly the Arrive has sold/performed. However, I don't think they've tried it out since the release of Mango!

eric12341 10-25-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 (Post 2152246)
The executives at Sprint are pissed off at how poorly the Arrive has sold/performed. However, I don't think they've tried it out since the release of Mango!

@TexasAggie97 have u tried it out since the release of mango? plus they removed the ad a couple days later after huge outcry. they probably would've sold more if they actually had commercials of it instead of talking about how tmobile slows down after 2GB even tho they're much faster and have a 5GB option. I've only seen a couple of arrive commercials and they were on telemundo and Univision.