PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 02:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: sprint

AkumaX is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mango Has been released for the Arrive today Official!

yay 7720

now... how to unlock tethering?!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:38 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Tethering is confirmed to not only require OEM/Carrier support, but also a specific Broadcom Wi-Fi chip, which apparently don't exist in most current phone models. So we're probably hosed on that.

Ringtones ARE there and have been throughout the beta... but as someone linked to a couple posts up, you have to read the directions. Sadly, it's NOT a simple process (which is kind of annoying).

Also, for multitasking here's how it works:

1. The app must support it (most currently don't until they get their official Mango updates).
2. While in the app, use the WINDOWS button to return home so the app knows to "suspend".
3. Tap and Hold the BACK button to view the list of apps running.
4. You can skip the Windows key and go straight to this one if you're in an app and just want to switch.

Finally, one tip that I just discovered has been there a long time and I never realized... you can "swipe" the text/email/wifi/whatever notifications to the right of the screen to dismiss them. Annoying that I had the phone three months before I discovered that tidbit and purely by accident, lol.

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 09-28-2011 at 07:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Tethering is confirmed to not only require OEM/Carrier support, but also a specific Broadcom Wi-Fi chip, which apparently don't exist in most current phone models. So we're probably hosed on that.

Wow, That Bites. I was really hoping to get that option back as I really found that helpful with the wife and kids on long trips. Being able to let the wife use her laptop and son use his GameBoy with WiFi tethering really cut down on the "Are We there Yet's".
Old 09-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

osiris12 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Yeah, I was hoping for the hotspot option too. Mango is fine but that one feature is very important. Now I have to borrow a friend's MIFI when i go on trips.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Threadstarter

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

I know its a minor thing, but is anyone else getting an error message when trying to use the translate option? It will scan the text for me but as soon as I hit translate it get this mesage: "we can't translate this content right now. There may be a problem with the service or the connection. Try again later." I have checked my connections, tried updating everything, pulled the battery, and tried different text. Nothing I do seems to work..... thanks in advance.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

talkin about the translator app?
Old 09-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Threadstarter

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
talkin about the translator app?

Yes I am
Old 09-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunniz View Post
Yes I am
@pinkbunniz well I just entered something and it worked but I have encountered that error before due to the crappy towers in my hometown.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Mine's doing the same thing. It worked fine while I was running beta.

Arrived from my T7575 using Board Express
Old 09-28-2011, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: sprint

AkumaX is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post

Ringtones ARE there and have been throughout the beta... but as someone linked to a couple posts up, you have to read the directions. Sadly, it's NOT a simple process (which is kind of annoying).

Also, for multitasking here's how it works:

1. The app must support it (most currently don't until they get their official Mango updates).
2. While in the app, use the WINDOWS button to return home so the app knows to "suspend".
3. Tap and Hold the BACK button to view the list of apps running.
4. You can skip the Windows key and go straight to this one if you're in an app and just want to switch.

Finally, one tip that I just discovered has been there a long time and I never realized... you can "swipe" the text/email/wifi/whatever notifications to the right of the screen to dismiss them. Annoying that I had the phone three months before I discovered that tidbit and purely by accident, lol.
wow, thanks for the info!

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro