PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   Arrive makes random beeping sounds (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146089)

imecoli 07-30-2011 01:36 AM

Arrive makes random beeping sounds

My arrive has recently started to make random beeping (tone like) sounds, 3 or 4 at a time. Each one is a short tone and is coming thru my speaker. I dont know if this is an error code or what. Has anyone else experienced this?
I dont have a whoe lot of apps installed, and I havent installed Mango. Sometimes it happens when I am performing a task, and other times while it is just sitting.

steveo70 07-30-2011 02:01 AM

Never had this once. Sorry. Just had my first negative experience with my phone wp7 phone and it wasnt the phones fault. Sure youll see my new thread.

Sent from my PC36100 on the PPCGeeks App

imecoli 07-31-2011 03:21 PM

Re: Arrive makes random beeping sounds

Update: now it seems all sounds are turned off, but not indicated as muted, volume is 100%. If I reboot it works for a little while but ultimatly reverts back to no sounds.

Is there an easy way to back up all my data and do a hard reset? should I go to a sprint store and have them hold my data while I reset it? I have TEP and the phone has no physical damage so that should be a no charge correct? Times like this (and only like this) I miss my TP2 :(

swinn 10-04-2011 12:29 PM

My Arrive has just started making these tones as well. I keep my phone on vibrate all of the time. Not sure what to make of it yet as I'm still investigating.

imecoli 10-05-2011 01:10 AM

I just updated Mango hoping that would solve the problem. It was good for a day and then it started again. I have had 3 replacements and they all do the same thing. I asked sprint to replace my battery and charger since that is the only constant, but they just gave me another refurb. The only other posibility would be my Air Wave but it still has issues outside of my house.

swinn 10-05-2011 10:28 AM

The only thing that changed is that I had a missed call and they left a voicemail. I listened to the voicemail but hung up before it ended and also didn't delete it. It might be the phone trying to alert me to that message since it still thinks its a new message. I finally listened to it again this morning and saved it so it's no longer a new message. I'll find out now if that might have been causing the beeping. Main reason I think this may be it is that my green LED also was blinking after the tones. This whole thing is strange to me because I turn off all sound notifications as I only want my phone to vibrate.

imecoli 10-15-2011 06:22 PM

Do you by any chance have an Airwave? I am trying to eliminate any and all possibilities. Both my work and my home where I spend the majority of my time have weak signal. I have an Airwave at my house but nothing at work. I am going to start to log where and when I freeze up or my phone automatically resets. I have minimal programs installed and I didn't even install any programs to possibly introduce the problem.

When is Nokia coming out with their windows phone on sprint? I don't want to move to an iPhone but I might buy a droid to hold me over or go back to my TP2(not sure if I can go back to that after seeing the improvements and speed)

swinn 10-16-2011 12:05 AM

I do have an Airave, but I heard the sounds even when I wasn't at home. I fixed my random beeping by listening to my voicemail. I think it was just trying to get my attention.

imecoli 10-17-2011 07:44 PM

Glad to hear you aren't experience the same problems I am, but not happy from my perspective. All day at work it was fine, I get home send a text, turn off the screen, turn it back on and it locks up again. It has to be my Airave, but my TP2 was fine on it. It just beeped at me as I was typing thisangry9:
It says the software is up to date.

Thanks for your responses. It makes me feel a little less crazy.

eric12341 10-17-2011 08:26 PM

yea sounds like an issue with the airave