PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   Remove Sideload Limit in Mango (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145632)

killerkhatiby009 07-12-2011 04:31 PM

Remove Sideload Limit in Mango

Has anyone been able to remove the sideload limit from mango on the HTC Arrive? I have a developer account and I can unlock both Nodo and Mango officially but in Nodo I could edit the registry to remove the sideload limit and sideload as many apps as I want but in Mango I cannot do that. I was reading about the provxml hack and didnt see anyone trying it on the Arrive and just wanted to see if anyone had done so? I am not too interested in the unlock part just the sideload limit (but since they come together it doesnt really matter anyway)

More info on the provxml hack here:
[HOW TO]Unlocked from Nodo to Mango - xda-developers

DavidinCT 07-12-2011 04:53 PM

Re: Remove Sideload Limit in Mango

Word is, as I have been reading...You needed to install a registry app before going to mango.. You can't install it afterwords... Some claim that some still work but, again you have to do it BEFORE upgrading to mango.

provxml hack does not work on CDMA phones, I have a Trophy,I'm in the same boat. There is a few people working on this here...

Stop trying to hack NoDo. Start hacking Mango. - Page 10 - xda-developers

but, oh, you started a thread there, should of searched, there is a lot of posts on this subject.

I'd suggest going back to NoDO, install the apps (after confirming they work after going to mango), then do your upgrade...

And then you can modify to extend the side load limit in mango

killerkhatiby009 07-12-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2127203)
I'd suggest going back to NoDO, install the apps (after confirming they work after going to mango), then do your upgrade...

And then you can modify to extend the side load limit in mango

How can I modify the sideload limit in Mango? that is what I am looking for. I've been reading multiple threads and all I am looking for is a sideload limit removal in Mango, I can unlock it officially with my developer account. So which app/registry editor would allow me to do this on my arrive in Mango after installing the app in NoDo?

DavidinCT 07-12-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 (Post 2127223)
How can I modify the sideload limit in Mango? that is what I am looking for. I've been reading multiple threads and all I am looking for is a sideload limit removal in Mango, I can unlock it officially with my developer account. So which app/registry editor would allow me to do this on my arrive in Mango after installing the app in NoDo?

That's what people are saying but, not 100% sure on that.... Spend more time reading on XDA, that is where you will find the info your looking for, just like I am.

This place is great for the easy stuff but, XDA is more hardcore with this. So if your looking for a deep trouble shooting, XDA should be your home for that.

I'm there under the same user name...and looking for the same thing..

Edit: This is what I was thinking should work...He claims over 10 XAPs deployed to it with mango

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1150633

DavidinCT 07-12-2011 10:44 PM

I put up a thread on XDA to see what works...

NoDo>Mango. what apps work (reg, file access, etc)? - xda-developers

Check it out...

DavidinCT 07-15-2011 06:03 PM

xda-developers - View Single Post - Mango: How to edit registry

No go....any other ideas ?

DavidinCT 07-17-2011 09:07 PM

Figured it out... I posted it on XDA..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=109

You need to roll back to NoDO but, it's working 100% fine on my HTC Trophy (over 22 apps deployed in Mango)

If you have an account on XDA, don't foget to hit thanks.

esqueue 07-21-2011 01:07 AM

Sorry for the noobish question but what exactly is the sideload limit? I apologize for not starting a new thread, if you wish, I could delete this question.

killerkhatiby009 07-28-2011 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esqueue (Post 2130330)
Sorry for the noobish question but what exactly is the sideload limit? I apologize for not starting a new thread, if you wish, I could delete this question.

Dont worry about it, the sideload limit is a limit made by microsoft on unlocked devices. It only lets you load a certain number of apps from outside the marketplace onto the device (for student developer accounts itas 3 and for the paid developer its 10). Removing this lets us load as many apps as we want onto the phone.

esqueue 07-29-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 (Post 2132946)
Dont worry about it, the sideload limit is a limit made by microsoft on unlocked devices. It only lets you load a certain number of apps from outside the marketplace onto the device (for student developer accounts itas 3 and for the paid developer its 10). Removing this lets us load as many apps as we want onto the phone.

Thanks for the reply.