PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
Remove Sideload Limit in Mango

Has anyone been able to remove the sideload limit from mango on the HTC Arrive? I have a developer account and I can unlock both Nodo and Mango officially but in Nodo I could edit the registry to remove the sideload limit and sideload as many apps as I want but in Mango I cannot do that. I was reading about the provxml hack and didnt see anyone trying it on the Arrive and just wanted to see if anyone had done so? I am not too interested in the unlock part just the sideload limit (but since they come together it doesnt really matter anyway)

More info on the provxml hack here:
[HOW TO]Unlocked from Nodo to Mango - xda-developers
Old 07-12-2011, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Remove Sideload Limit in Mango

Word is, as I have been reading...You needed to install a registry app before going to mango.. You can't install it afterwords... Some claim that some still work but, again you have to do it BEFORE upgrading to mango.

provxml hack does not work on CDMA phones, I have a Trophy,I'm in the same boat. There is a few people working on this here...

Stop trying to hack NoDo. Start hacking Mango. - Page 10 - xda-developers

but, oh, you started a thread there, should of searched, there is a lot of posts on this subject.

I'd suggest going back to NoDO, install the apps (after confirming they work after going to mango), then do your upgrade...

And then you can modify to extend the side load limit in mango

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 07-12-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
I'd suggest going back to NoDO, install the apps (after confirming they work after going to mango), then do your upgrade...

And then you can modify to extend the side load limit in mango
How can I modify the sideload limit in Mango? that is what I am looking for. I've been reading multiple threads and all I am looking for is a sideload limit removal in Mango, I can unlock it officially with my developer account. So which app/registry editor would allow me to do this on my arrive in Mango after installing the app in NoDo?

Last edited by killerkhatiby009; 07-12-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:37 PM
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
How can I modify the sideload limit in Mango? that is what I am looking for. I've been reading multiple threads and all I am looking for is a sideload limit removal in Mango, I can unlock it officially with my developer account. So which app/registry editor would allow me to do this on my arrive in Mango after installing the app in NoDo?
That's what people are saying but, not 100% sure on that.... Spend more time reading on XDA, that is where you will find the info your looking for, just like I am.

This place is great for the easy stuff but, XDA is more hardcore with this. So if your looking for a deep trouble shooting, XDA should be your home for that.

I'm there under the same user name...and looking for the same thing..

Edit: This is what I was thinking should work...He claims over 10 XAPs deployed to it with mango

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1150633

Last edited by DavidinCT; 07-12-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:44 PM
VIP Member

I put up a thread on XDA to see what works...

NoDo>Mango. what apps work (reg, file access, etc)? - xda-developers

Check it out...
Old 07-15-2011, 06:03 PM
VIP Member

xda-developers - View Single Post - Mango: How to edit registry

No go....any other ideas ?
Old 07-17-2011, 09:07 PM
VIP Member

Figured it out... I posted it on XDA..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=109

You need to roll back to NoDO but, it's working 100% fine on my HTC Trophy (over 22 apps deployed in Mango)

If you have an account on XDA, don't foget to hit thanks.

Last edited by DavidinCT; 07-19-2011 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Updated with link info
Old 07-21-2011, 01:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Sorry for the noobish question but what exactly is the sideload limit? I apologize for not starting a new thread, if you wish, I could delete this question.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
Sorry for the noobish question but what exactly is the sideload limit? I apologize for not starting a new thread, if you wish, I could delete this question.
Dont worry about it, the sideload limit is a limit made by microsoft on unlocked devices. It only lets you load a certain number of apps from outside the marketplace onto the device (for student developer accounts itas 3 and for the paid developer its 10). Removing this lets us load as many apps as we want onto the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
Dont worry about it, the sideload limit is a limit made by microsoft on unlocked devices. It only lets you load a certain number of apps from outside the marketplace onto the device (for student developer accounts itas 3 and for the paid developer its 10). Removing this lets us load as many apps as we want onto the phone.
Thanks for the reply.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro