PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   Unlocking HTC Arrive? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142893)

killerkhatiby009 04-18-2011 07:11 PM

Unlocking HTC Arrive?

Is anyone working on a developer unlock for the HTC Arrive with the nodo update already installed? Just wondering if there was someone working on this and where to go to get updates. I would love to be able to apply all those tweaks like custom ringtones and tethering

info[]box1 04-18-2011 09:26 PM

Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

There are many challenges surrounding unlocking nodo at the moment. I have read that Microsoft is boobie trapping the current unlocked that was allowing wp7 users to get the nodo update. When I say boobie trap meaning that wouldn't be able another software update.

So don't buy a HTC arrive and think its wide open like tp2.

chong67 04-19-2011 06:41 PM

Re: Unlocking HTC Arrive?

Boob trap? That is dangerous.

I am sure it will be jail break.

eric12341 04-19-2011 09:33 PM

ok wow seriously? u have got to be kidding about that suggestion right? ringtones and tethering are not that serious of an issue, I never made a single ringtone on my tp or tp2 nor have I downloaded one. as for tethering the browser in the arrive or any wp7 for that matter is just as capable as a PC browser so there's less of a need to tether.

steveo70 04-19-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2087345)
ok wow seriously? u have got to be kidding about that suggestion right? ringtones and tethering are not that serious of an issue, I never made a single ringtone on my tp or tp2 nor have I downloaded one. as for tethering the browser in the arrive or any wp7 for that matter is just as capable as a PC browser so there's less of a need to tether.

Can't say tethering is an issue for me. Only use it once in a blue moon. You might not have made any ringtones, but that doesn't mean others haven't. I don't need pop songs on my phone and don't need it for my job, however, I dislike every ringtone on this phone and did like having the ability to set my own to differentiate frequent callers. It was nice to distinguish who was calling w/out even looking at the phone. The stock ringtones seem to all sound the same. That said, it def is not a deal breaker for me. I can wait. Sure it will come. I am loving the Arrive and knew what I was getting into before buying.

livejazz 04-20-2011 04:12 PM

Steve, aren't you able to set the ring tone for different users on their contact sheet?

matt

steveo70 04-20-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livejazz (Post 2087821)
Steve, aren't you able to set the ring tone for different users on their contact sheet?

matt

Yep you can, I just don't like any of the stock ones and most just sound the same to me. Custom would be better but I can wait.

livejazz 04-20-2011 08:07 PM

I see. I whole-heartedly agree about the variety. Not really a fan of the faux hip-hop esque ring or most of the ones on the current Arrive OS. I really like the clinky ring on my TP2. I am definately ready for Mango!

matt

-Enkidu- 04-28-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livejazz (Post 2087961)
I see. I whole-heartedly agree about the variety. Not really a fan of the faux hip-hop esque ring or most of the ones on the current Arrive OS. I really like the clinky ring on my TP2. I am definately ready for Mango!

matt

Need some Mango, need some unlock to get Mango sooner since the rumor is Mango releases in October & the push won't go to current phones for another 3+ months. We're used to getting this stuff sooner not later! Betta not be any boobie traps either!

JohnMcD348 07-31-2011 09:48 PM

OK, so has anyone had any luck unlocking or jailbreaking the Arrive/7Pro? I just got mine and have never done anything like this before. I tried Chevron. I've even gone to Dreamspark and the Developers site to try and register as a developer to get my phone unlocked and so far no luck. I've tried entering and registering as a student, using my college .edu email address and so far no replies for verification.

I think I need some hand holding to get this to work. I'd really like to use teh Device manager program but can't get it to do anything until I get my new Arrive unlocked.

Thanks