PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adiós HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
And then you have the fanboys....
OMG calling people a fanboy for saying that u made a wrong decision or trying to switch platforms over minor problems is not going to help anything be solved at all. I told u that there is a way to drag and drop files in wp7 all u had to do was goto that thread and follow the steps. u obviously didn't do that since u started another thread with the same incoherence as the last one. I can perfectly see and understand why MS wants media files to be synched with Zune because the Zune software is linked to the Zune marketplace where for a simple monthly fee u have access to millions of songs that u can download or stream for as long as u have the subscription or u can download 10 songs in regular mp3 format per month to keep outside of subscription. there really isn't an easier way to obtain music hoy en dÃ*a because limewire and frostwire are both shutdown. i dont know of the volume issue u are having but to me it is nonexistent because my arrive is louder than my tp2 was. and i also told u that 4G doesn't really matter at this point as 3G is sufficient for most things.

Last edited by eric12341; 04-12-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

OP, I am in the same boat as you!

Why does Microsoft pick Zune? Trying to promote their ipod?

I was about to get the Evo 4g, but I am going to wait and get the 3D.

There are others that says open source is not good. Nobody will be responsible to fix it. With Windows that doesnt work, we held Microsoft accountable.

You can see my SIG that I been Window Mobile all my life.

I might come back to WP if there are better hardware. The flipping and sliding in/out of keyboard is worst than flipping a booger/burger.

Last edited by chong67; 04-12-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

None taken. I really do hope Microsoft makes some major changes in Windows Phone 7. Forcing people to use Zune is horrible. The iPhone would have been my first choice. Honestly, if they let me choose my file transfer options I will probably come back. Oh, and not limiting movie files to .wmv format would also help. Give us codecs for .mkv or DivX files!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile â„¢

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

Adiós mi amigós
Old 04-13-2011, 09:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Talking Re: Adiós HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
OMG calling people a fanboy for saying that u made a wrong decision or trying to switch platforms over minor problems is not going to help anything be solved at all. I told u that there is a way to drag and drop files in wp7 all u had to do was goto that thread and follow the steps. u obviously didn't do that since u started another thread with the same incoherence as the last one. I can perfectly see and understand why MS wants media files to be synched with Zune because the Zune software is linked to the Zune marketplace where for a simple monthly fee u have access to millions of songs that u can download or stream for as long as u have the subscription or u can download 10 songs in regular mp3 format per month to keep outside of subscription. there really isn't an easier way to obtain music hoy en dÃ*a because limewire and frostwire are both shutdown. i dont know of the volume issue u are having but to me it is nonexistent because my arrive is louder than my tp2 was. and i also told u that 4G doesn't really matter at this point as 3G is sufficient for most things.
I have gigabytes of music I have collected/ripped from CDs over the past 20 years and have properly stored on an external hard drive in folders. When importing to Zune, it tries to automatically classify all my music and does it incorrectly.

I shouldn't have to hack a phone to get it to do what I need it to do. That defeats the purpose! Furthermore, if I just drag and drop a file into my phone (per the hack) the phone will not read the file correctly unless it has been transcoded by Zune to fit Microsoft format. Also, I did the hack, and the phone appears in My Computer, but when I try to drag and drop anything into it, it will not copy over. But again, that defeats the purpose of the phone.

Look, as hard as it is for Microsoft Fanboys to admit it, Windows Phone 7 is no better than an iPhone. Microsoft decided to copy the iPhone format rather than blaze their own trail similar to how Microsoft Bing copied Google's search codes..... Imagine that!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

btw the error I receive when trying to drag and drop into the device is as follows:

"Cannot copy "folder name": The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected."

Regardless, even if I get a movie copied over, there is no guarantee that I will be able to view the file if it isn't in .wmv format.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I thought for any codec, you have to install on your own.

For example, MSFT Media Player is a toy. It cant even play any .mkv, etc BTW, who use this player anyway. It is even PIN down as default. MSFT should just get rid of it. I use K Lite Codec with 100 diff codecs on it.

So just download another media player for WP7 and you can play mp3.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Variety of personality is what gives the world it's color. Enjoy your Epic 4G.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Unhappy Re: Adiós HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
I thought for any codec, you have to install on your own.

So just download another media player for WP7 and you can play mp3.
So far, I haven't found one and it looks like Microsoft is forcing people to use Zune for data transfer and media on the phone. I don't think one can install anything on the phone without a hack or without it being an approved app/codec by Microsoft.

The Windows Phone 7 operating system, unlike it's Windows Mobile predecessors, is pretty much locked down. No file explorer or viewing of media files on the phone without using Zune....
Old 04-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
So far, I haven't found one and it looks like Microsoft is forcing people to use Zune for data transfer and media on the phone. I don't think one can install anything on the phone without a hack or without it being an approved app/codec by Microsoft.

The Windows Phone 7 operating system, unlike it's Windows Mobile predecessors, is pretty much locked down. No file explorer or viewing of media files on the phone without using Zune....
Yes... Pretty much what they decided to do from day one.
If you can't get Zune to work you pretty much have to get something Microsoft has approved to be on their phones. That's why some haters compare it to iPhone.
I do think YOU are not in Microsoft's target audience and I think you'll be most comfortable on an Android based phone.

Good luck with that epic.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Tags
android, dissatisfied, epic 4g, htc arrive, idiot, windows phone, wp7