PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   Adiós HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142729)

TexasAggie97 04-12-2011 01:39 PM

Adiós HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7!

Well, I've had enough of the Windows Phone 7 operating system and the HTC Arrive. I was a Windows Mobile user since my iPAQ running Windows CE (I think) and Microsoft has totally screwed up the operation system from where it once was. I know some fanboys will argue regardless, but I'm tired of trying to make this phone work out for me.

1. Having to use Zune for the transfer of data is absolutely ridiculous! Why did Microsoft have to do this? The old drag and drop method from window to window worked great! I can't even get my excel or word files over without e-mailing them to myself or uploading them to a sky drive (haven't tried, sky drive has been down the last few days).

2. HTC hardware: auto-tilt screen, no 4G, no removable storage card, low volume output on music and movies/videos using my headphones.

3. Outlook connectivity problems. Windows Phone 7 requires companies using self-signed certificates to produce said certificates with all keys in order to have the phone connect to Microsoft Exchange Server ActiveSync! No problems connecting the iPhone or Android devices at my company, just my Windows Phone!

Overall, I would have dealt with #2 and #3 but being forced to use a program like Zune to do what I could do on my own previously, is like communism. "Do it our way or not at all" does not fly with me. If I wanted an iPhone, I would have purchased an iPhone!

I know it is a new OS, but Microsoft should have known better than to release this OS in such a competitive market.

I loved the sleek design and responsiveness of the start screen as well as other options on the phone, but the lack of flexibility or customization has just pushed me over to Android.

Thanks to those on this forum that helped me along the way to attempt to work with my phone.

I ordered my Epic 4G today. I know it will have it's own problems, but they won't be "Zune" or data transfer which became my number one gripe after 2 weeks of use.

Maybe Windows Phone will evolve into a more user-friendly customizable operating system and at least let me drag and drop files from my computer into the phone. Maybe then I'll return.

Windows Phone 7 made me an Android user. Thanks Microsoft.

AZTECHKA 04-12-2011 01:45 PM

Re: Adiós HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7!

Thanks for sharing.
p.

eric12341 04-12-2011 03:12 PM

wow I swear u have got to be the most dissatisfied person I have ever seen. the Zune sync isn't a problem with me with volume at all and there is a hack that enables u to be able to transfer files the traditional way which I had even posted as a new thread but oh well I can't wait to see all the complaints u will have about Android.

rrjskj 04-12-2011 03:21 PM

to each their owns thanks for the heads up aggie i'm still gonna pick 1 up next week anythings gotta be better then dealing with my tp2s cracked screen

AZTECHKA 04-12-2011 03:21 PM

And he's going to the epic. LOL.
p.

darren.wlsn1 04-12-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA (Post 2083860)
And he's going to the epic. LOL.
p.

well epics specs are better and for what op is looking for im sure he will be happy, goodluck op.

TexasAggie97 04-12-2011 05:33 PM

And then you have the fanboys....

AZTECHKA 04-12-2011 06:04 PM

Not to mention the n00bs.
p.

darren.wlsn1 04-12-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA (Post 2083954)
Not to mention the n00bs.
p.

you can have "noob" in your title but not mean anything and can also be a "noob" and know if a phone suits your needs

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

AZTECHKA 04-12-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2083983)
you can have "noob" in your title but not mean anything and can also be a "noob" and know if a phone suits your needs

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I wasn't talking about YOU bro... LOL.
p.

I was just messing with the OP... I know he wasn't talking about me baeing a fanboi. I'm just bored.
Sorry OP... No harm no foul.
p.