PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   An Open and Honest Review of the HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142550)

TexasAggie97 04-08-2011 09:32 AM

Re: An Open and Honest Review of the HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2081668)
informative es lo de menos. I see this as mostly a hissy fit type thing because he's complaining about smileys this so called forced fb integration and that u supposedly can't have more than one account associated with the device. I don't see the point in that. as for the heat issue that's associated with the battery cover being metal which is a heat conductor so of course it will feel hotter,common 3rd grade knowledge right there. my tp would get way hotter and its cover was plastic.

and how would u know this? do u own the device? have u played with it for longer than 5 minutes? didn't think so.

Here we go SeƱora fanboy. I received an "A" in Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer back in college, did you? I understand the concept of heat transfer and metals. I also understand manufacturing design processes associated with those two components, even in electronics manufacturing. My concern is that with a metal back that actually radiates enough heat to feel, is NOT a desirable design for any manufactured consumer system where the object is held close to the human body. Just look at Dell's redesign of the Inspiron laptops and how much money they spent doing that. Again, if you read my post thoroughly or at least were able to comprehend it, you would have noticed that I pointed out the heat transfer issue and whether it was done on purpose or was a problem now or in the future.

The phone doesn't get that hot, but in today's litigious society, I can read the headlines now that HTC is being sued because some idiot burned their face or hand with the back cover of the phone. And by the way, when you design this type of heat transfer, there should be some sort of insulation and venting, not direct transfer to and through the metal.

Dr.8820 04-08-2011 10:35 AM

You're very fiesty for a "new member"....(just wanted to point that out, please continue with your bashfest/rant :))

Sent from my HTC Schubert using Board Express

gTen 04-08-2011 10:42 AM

Wait..you feel it as uncomfortably warm..or actually burning hot? While electronics do get uncomfortably warm in certain cases, the phones are set to shut off before it reaches the point where it would burn someone...

wud_e 04-08-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2081892)
Wait..you feel it as uncomfortably warm..or actually burning hot? While electronics do get uncomfortably warm in certain cases, the phones are set to shut off before it reaches the point where it would burn someone...

Well unless the battery is made by Sony. ;)

TexasAggie97 04-08-2011 11:16 AM

Will a mod please close this thread? The review and discussion is finished. I apologize for offending those Windows Phone fans by ranting about how Microsoft fell short of many expectations with WP7. I'm sure MS will fix their problems in due time, I just need to be patient....

gTen 04-08-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 (Post 2081915)
Will a mod please close this thread? The review and discussion is finished. I apologize for offending those Windows Phone fans by ranting about how Microsoft fell short of many expectations with WP7. I'm sure MS will fix their problems in due time, I just need to be patient....

There is nothing wrong with your review...everyone has their opinions and are entitled to them...there will always be parties in agreement and parties in disagreement. But if you really want the thread closed, sure I can do that.

TexasAggie97 04-08-2011 11:22 AM

Go for it.

gTen 04-08-2011 11:25 AM

Closed by ops request