PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   No 4G? What Gives? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=135452)

yankees45us 11-01-2010 08:56 PM

I myself like the idea of not paying extra for a non existent 4g signal. At this point I would love to have an evo like phone without 4g. I've only used 4g once since I got my phone. So until 4g is more widespread 4g is like paying sprint for nothing. Plus sprint is talking about having dual mode wimax/lte phones so it would be dumb to release a bunch of wimax phones right now. Bring on a 3g evo, ill sell mine in a heartbeat.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
Get 1 Free!
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

j37hr0 11-05-2010 06:28 PM

Re: No 4G? What Gives?

My guess is Microsoft wants to tout battery life and we all know 4G is a battery killer.

AZTECHKA 11-05-2010 06:39 PM

This phone will not be the only WP7 on Sprint... I can almost guarantee that.
Sprint just needs to partner up. HTC will probably make a non keyboard model. As far as a 4" screen is concerned... Upto date out of date is just perception. I don't particularly care for a 4" screen if I have a physical keyboard. If this was like the diamond (no physical keyboard and smallish screen) I would have a problem. Which is why I got my TP originally. But the diamond sold. There's a market for everything out there. Just wait till the phones actually come out and make your choice. I checked out the epic and it's too big and clunky for me. BUT THAT'S JUST ME. Others love it and that's cool.
I'll wait and see... But I love my TP2 and will surely love my 7Pro. (Unless something cooler comes out of course)
p.

j37hr0 11-05-2010 06:53 PM

I've been holding out for a new smartphone that has good battery life. I don't need 4G for tweeting and facebook updates, maybe if I want to live stream a la qik. I am still pleased with my Diamond, I don't want a battery killing android phone.

AZTECHKA 11-05-2010 06:59 PM

So... This might be the phone for you.
Just go to the store when you are ready to upgrade and make a selection. I'm holding out for WP7. On the other hand my wife is ready for her upgrade NOW... She's considering Blackberry and Android... She thinks the TP2 is too big. So anything bigger is out of the picture. This is why I say it's good that there are choices out there and hopefully when Sprint gets WP7 we'll have a couple of different phones to choose from .
p.

Squirrelxss 11-05-2010 11:50 PM

hrmm. id love to have this thing in 4g. I currently have 2 lines (both eligible for upgrades) but im holding out for wp7. i may just buy one no contract untill sprint makes some wp7 with 4g.

tybo31316 11-07-2010 05:51 PM

What you guys fail to realize is that google is one of the investing partners with clear/sprint. I feel like you wont see any WP7 Wimax phones until google atleast makes the money back that they invested in wimax. Have you noticed that the only 2 wimax phones out right now are androids?

Squirrelxss 11-09-2010 11:56 PM

Didnt know that, but it makes sense.

dee91 11-18-2010 09:45 AM

Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch pro 2: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13337/21.564; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

sheesh because i was just starting to accept that when 4g tp7 comes out i'd be calling retensions for my 10$ recurring credit.... lol! MS better get us some 4g i mean for heavens sake 3g is getting old!

brownhornet 11-18-2010 01:31 PM

Trust me... if you live in a 4G area and are able to use 4G in comparison to 3G on some day to day things like downloads, web browsing and video chat... you will NOT mind paying that extra $10. Its well worth it IMO.. I get steady 10-12 meg download speeds and im able to do everything from stream HD movies with no buffer whatsoever to playing black ops with no lag. I'm tellin ya... after this ill never go back to a non 4G phone. The only high speed internet provider where I live is Charter Cable (which is terrible) and I actually get better speeds than I did when I was paying them nearly $70 a month JUST for a 10 meg connection.

When I get home I set the evo up on the kickstand on the entertainment system.. plug in power.. hit the hot spot and i have a steady wifi connection for everything from my 360 to my lcd w/ web equipped tv to my laptop. It just makes life o so grand lol.