PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2007, 04:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bugsysiegals is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wont Boot Past Windows Mobile

I pulled my PPC 6700 out of my pocket to make a phone call and I realized that it was off. The battery was pretty low the hour before I checked it but I never though it was low enough to shut off and it never gave me a warning.

I connected my PPC6700 to the computer in order to charge it. The phone turned on and booted up normally except that it was really slow and stopped responding so I soft reset the phone. Now it doesnt seem to want to boot past the Windows Mobile screen. What the heck is going on here?? I'm running WM6.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: UT Starcom PPC-6700
Carrier: Alltel

play4god is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to play4god Send a message via Yahoo to play4god
Hey guys - I had the same thing happen today.

I was using the phone as a tethered modem, and so was on the USB screen "Activated' as a Modem.

All was OK - but I couldn't get the "Deactivate" to work, so I uplugged the USB cable, and pushed the reset button on the phone.

Now it boots up with 'htc', then goes to the 'Windows Mobile' splash screen, but will never go past it - it appears to hang there. I even tried removing the battery completely and starting again, and it still hangs...

Anything else I can try, besides reflashing the ROM?

Thanks!
play4god
Old 09-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP
try a hard reset
Old 09-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Lurker

IT_Slave is a n00b
Yes, I have been experiencing the same issues with WM6 on Spr1nt PCS... The only thing I could do was hard reset. No matter how many times I soft reset - it will not get past the boot screen. The only addition I am running other than the WM6 Rom is WeatherPanel. I hope that sometime there is a solution to this problem.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: spcs

dparks is a n00b
I have had this problem on several ROMs, not just WM6. This includes the 1.0.1-4 kitchens, plus one of the C&S ROMs, and perhaps the Mario ROM. It's happened so many times I can't remember specifically which ones have had the issue, and I've come to believe it's not a product of any one particular ROM.

I used to think it was WeatherPanel, but since then I have had it happen without WP installed.

Other software I've used included SmartSKey, NullKeyboard, PIEPlus, Calendar+, and a few others. However, I've had the lockup twice this week on the base WM6 ROM, with nothing extra loaded.

I do sync with 2 desktops - work & home. Could this have any bearing on the issue?

The problem did seem to have some relationship to low battery. However, this week it happened in the morning after charging all night.

Unfortunately, a hard reset is the only cure. Very frustrating.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

mattfong is a n00b
This happens to me once in a while in WM6. I have iLauncher installed though, and I can usually launch into safe mode and work in that for a while before resetting normally. I've noticed that this usually happens if my phone resets while there's a notification waiting (like a low battery warning). Hope that helps.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

bjhotch is a n00b
Ironically enough, it started happening to me just yesterday. I was reading some RSS feeds and browsing the web, and the phone stopped responding. I did a soft reset, then another, and another, ...... It just kept stopping at the Windows Mobile screen. Somewhere after like the 15th reset, it booted all the way up. By that point, I had begun getting ready to re-flash the phone. I went through with the reflash. It's now happened about 3 or 4 more times since then. I've built/used a few different versions of my 1.0.4 kitchen, and have the same result. Sometimes, it will load all the way up, then the screen will go black, and I can't get the display back. It appears that the backlight will turn on/off with the power button, but the screen is still black. I haven't figured it out yet, but it's getting extremely frustrating.

Brian
Old 09-15-2007, 10:21 AM
dc
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dc is just getting started
Could be the HTC Home Today Plug-in!

See my post #813 here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...2925#post82925.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache

kevdawg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg Send a message via MSN to kevdawg Send a message via Yahoo to kevdawg Send a message via Skype™ to kevdawg
pocket sand

this also happened to me two days ago after I was playing Pocket Sand and had nearly filled the screen with sand so much that the pocket pc stopped responding all together. once I tried a soft reset I was forever stuck in the windows mobile screen(wishing I had safe mode installed). I ended up hard reseting and I was fine. just a little disgruntled since I had to re-setup everything again.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

schl8man is a n00b
Thumbs up DC Is Correct

I posted this issue in the Bug & Paches Thread and DC posted this same solution. I have tried it and it works great.

Thanks for the Headup DC - I was going to give up on the HTC Home and thanks to DC my phone is working great with no hard resets.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache