PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by specv View Post
maybe if you rush them they will get it done sooner, or just let them do their thing. If this info was available im sure there would be a post about it
Maybe if you're an ass your weak points will be communicated more effectively, although that doesn't seem to be the case so far.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

omegax is keeping up the good workomegax is keeping up the good work
If you guys are that impatient donate to the guy and motivate em. I'm sure hes doing all he can.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

kyppcgeek is keeping up the good workkyppcgeek is keeping up the good work
ok kids settle down. LOL

The kitchen is due out in a few weeks.

Since this is new software then the backend has to be updated and adjusted accordingly.

Let them fix it before you rush to brick your phone.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

unitypunk is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to unitypunk Send a message via MSN to unitypunk
good things come to those who wait..

lol good point pie...

i could wait for ever for the kitchen.

the wm6 rom is basicly stable for me. (ive found a few things to break it..)

(RIP)Xv-6700 #7
(POS)Pantech Pn-820 (dead, and proud of it. lol)
(Current)Vzw Touch Pro
http://unity.hopto.org
Old 09-07-2007, 03:57 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefman View Post
Like everyone else, I'm curious too, but I'm patient. I'm sure I'll be jumping on the first kitchen that comes out though...

I doubt it's a trivial thing to create a kitchen from a brand new ROM. I'm sure there will be lots of testing required for the encoding tools and all the OEMs, etc. Personally, I'd rather they get some of the quirks ironed out (like secured wifi or threaded sms ) before releasing it anyway. That way, we don't have to have 6 or 7 different revs of kitchen.
I was going to say the exact same thing. I can wait for the kitchen as long as some of the major show-stoppers were fixed such as wpa wifi (the biggest one for me).

Palm Threaded SMS will be nice also, but the biggest hindrance of my acceptance of WM6 is the fact that I can't connect to the wpa-tkip network at my house.

Plus, with the information in this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=1904 can't you already make your own custom rom/kitchen if you were so inclined? I'd rather see the bugs ironed out.

Last edited by ksg; 09-07-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001
That WPA WIFI issue was also the same issue we had with our X50V's when it was first released. Now there is a slight glitch getting wifi turned on and such but after a few tweeks and all, WM06 seams to be pretty darn stable and quick. Awesome to see that on a 4 year old device lol.

Cant wait for the kitchen so my 6700 can join the WM06 gang. Though the X50v rom is a newer version of WM06 itself, i wonder if that in part is the reason the Wifi issue was broke? hmm..
Old 09-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh123 View Post
Plus, with the information in this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=1904 can't you already make your own custom rom/kitchen if you were so inclined? I'd rather see the bugs ironed out.
sort of. It's a full ROM, so choosing what to pull out to make room isn't necessarily straight forward. Particularly if you want to clean the registry at the same time (which you should if you're pulling anything significant out). It's a lot easier to just wait for the kitchen.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext
its funny that ppl are talking about wpa-tkip not working with the wm6 rom, because it works just fine for me... i have the belkin pre n router.. maybe it has something to do with the router u have... i mean let me just say before i continue, i absolutly have no idea what im talking about but... maybe this wm6 rom is missing certin "router drivers" so to speak... and thats why it's working fine for me and not some others... because I'm defitnally useing the wpa2-tkip settings as a matter of fact... but again I don't really know why its working for me and others are finding that its not..

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh123 View Post
I was going to say the exact same thing. I can wait for the kitchen as long as some of the major show-stoppers were fixed such as wpa wifi (the biggest one for me).

Palm Threaded SMS will be nice also, but the biggest hindrance of my acceptance of WM6 is the fact that I can't connect to the wpa-tkip network at my house.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0rdie View Post
Maybe if you're an ass your weak points will be communicated more effectively, although that doesn't seem to be the case so far.
Honestly w0rdie, was that really necessary?

There are a variety of reasons why there haven't been any posts about a kitchen release, but mainly it's because it's too far away to predict a good ETA. Once Helmi_c finishes his core work, he'll release the WM6 core kitchen files (that's the current plan anyway), and I'm sure you'll see a post about a 1-2 week ETA for a WM6 kitchen.

Rest easy knowing the WM6 ROM is actively being worked on. The bug reports and wishlists are being put to good use.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:00 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext View Post
its funny that ppl are talking about wpa-tkip not working with the wm6 rom, because it works just fine for me... i have the belkin pre n router.. maybe it has something to do with the router u have... i mean let me just say before i continue, i absolutly have no idea what im talking about but... maybe this wm6 rom is missing certin "router drivers" so to speak... and thats why it's working fine for me and not some others... because I'm defitnally useing the wpa2-tkip settings as a matter of fact... but again I don't really know why its working for me and others are finding that its not..
I'm using a Linksys WRT54GS v1.0 running the DD-WRT v23 SP3 firmware at home. Doesn't work. I've also tried it with a Cisco Aironet AP at work. No go.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache