PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   HTC Apache Tips and Tricks/n00b guide (Please Read First) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=779)

MsLissa 01-09-2007 06:14 PM

So do I log in to this forum and download these hacks onto my phone directly or put them onto my PC and sync them?

naigaboy 01-09-2007 06:31 PM

if you are dl cab files you want them on ur phn first b4 you install them. if its a .exe file then you have to have active sync to put it on ur phn. also any cab files u dl, make sure u save them on ur memory card or your computer, just in case you hard reset ur phn and u want those files again. saves u looking for it later.

EDGE23 01-09-2007 07:25 PM

another tip, when downloading from your phone try to keep all your files in order like put all cab files and zip in one folder. that way you won't have a hard time find stuff when you need them.

Cloudfish 01-14-2007 01:57 AM

Quote:

1. If your HTC Apache didn?t come with the newest ROM which is version 2.06.00 WWE as of 10/2/06. To check your ROM version, you can do this by going to start/settings/system/device information. If you do not have the newest ROM, you can upgrade using this tutorial here.
I have a possibly stupid question but haven't been able to find an answer searching. In the quote above you state that the newest version is 2.06.00 as of 10/2/06. I looked up my version and have version 2.07.20--but it is dated 2/24/06. My logic says that since mine is a "newer" version (isn't it?) that the date should be some time after 10/2/06. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Wideawake 01-14-2007 10:37 AM

Are you with Sprint? I think ur with a different carrier which may have a newer update.
~Mike

Cloudfish 01-14-2007 04:09 PM

Well now--I guess that would explain it. I have Verizon. Idiocy grows exponentially with my age.... Thank you for the response!

bricoleur 03-21-2007 01:47 AM

Keyboard Layout Change

Hi,

First off, thank you for the site. Fantastically helpful.

I want to change the layout of the slide-out keyboard from QWERTY to Dvorak.

I noticed the following, but I'm not sure how to get from there to Dvorak. Any thoughts?

Quote:

Change slide-out keyboard layout
If you have a Device from one country, but would like to use the keyboard layout of another, you can change the keyboard's language setting to do so...

For US layout (QWERTY):
HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd\Locale = 1033 (DWORD decimal)
For German layout (QWERTZ):
HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd\Locale = 1031 (DWORD decimal)
For French layout (AZERTY):
HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd\Locale = 1036 (DWORD decimal)

For other codes, see: [link removed so I could post]
I've searched around a few different places, other pocketpc sites, microsoft... I got this from MS: "United States - Dvorak 0x00010409 66569"

But I don't know...

I also don't know how that would affect other keys. Actually, all I really want to do is remap some of the current keys. Is there an easier way to do this than registry editing? I've seen programs to change the other buttons...

Thanks for any help.

-bricoleur

katkat518 03-28-2007 11:02 PM

helpppp

i have a new xv6700 and i think i broke it. I was dowloading, i dont knwo what, and the screen went black and now all i have is a black screen with the words serial v1. 00 on it. I tried a soft and a hard reset and nothing. please helpppp me.

thanks

boubert 03-29-2007 02:42 AM

before you flash that new rom

I'm shure we have all gotten excited and flashed to a new rom only to realize you have lost those all important text messages from friends and colleages or that call log or something like that well in addition to the before you flash instructions i think we all should get together and list the little things that have helped us get-er-done and do it with the least amount of stress here's my first one

http://www.dotfred.net/PIM/PPCPimBackupV1.0_wm2005.zip

great little prog that saved my arse with a couple of texts that could have cost me my job had i lost them. it also backs up call logs and e-mail and a whole lot more

BobC 05-17-2007 11:32 AM

Very nice - sped things up noticably.

How big of a performance hit are the sys tray icons? I kinda' liked them.

How would I go about re-enabling them? Assuming the performance wouldn't suffer significantly.....