PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   mms pic mail is killin me! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6579)

zion7 07-29-2007 08:34 AM

mms pic mail is killin me!

what up peoples? BigJ u da man i decided 2 give the thing a try & man this rom is hot... my only issue is the mms pic mail. i love pic mail & cant live without it. but after installing ur rom i get redirected, & never get close 2 opening a pic. i guess because of the browser version. MSIE 6.0. how can i go back to 5.0. and get my pics. without loosing ur rom. im a little green @ this so please excuse any stupid questions, what was the mosy recent rom that u cooked that includes all the goodies bells & whistles. on the aku2 platform & how can i get it. w mms of course

tharris297 07-29-2007 08:58 AM

Hey,

Talk a look at the server setting in messaging and make sure that your server matches your phone service.
Open messaging i think MMS settings and the server

zion7 07-29-2007 08:41 PM

Yo, what da...? cant open naked pic of my hoes!!! whas good?

whats up man?
Thanks for the quick reply, im hooked man, i pulled an all nighter wit this thing & no happs! I tried to use the settings that i knew worked perfect previously on the same phone w the original rom & the sprint mms3.0.6.. hack, n nadda! Everything was identical, all i could figure was the new MSIE 6.0 is not recognized, i mean is it actually MSIE 6.0 or just made to look like it (u kno 5.0 in 6.0 clothing)? can i hit up da reg some how & change it back to MSIE 5.0? Yo where da big dogs @? a brother need some assistance ova herr!! holla back, cause id probably spazz out if i had 2 go back 2 the factory rom, just 2 see naked pics of my hoes? lol (Ima trouble maker!!!!) Bigj, moderators, somebody look out for ur boi like my man "T297" (dats gansta!!!! i just changed ur name bro.... ha... ha)

mcastleberg 07-30-2007 07:28 AM

i'm having the same problem with a verizon 6700 help!!!

zion7 07-30-2007 02:53 PM

my engineering degree aint worth $h!#!!!

im almost there guys, about to throw a tantrum, im trying to b patient & calm, but im not getting any where here. i give it to u guys ur work is amazing. & i know nothing in this world is perfect as you have proved by improving upon an already advanced platform. But Guys im hurtin here i have tried Bigj's rom & its da coolest, W all the themes @ games. but could not get the freekin mms to work, I hit Big'j up & i get no reply, tired of searchin thread, tried hemli, like the feel but same issue. & now im messin w colonels joint, & im feelin it. seems 2 be niceN streamline, i guess theres no MMs in there but thats cool i tried to install the sprint mms cab, but cant create a new server & cant erase verivon man im stumped. been on this for 3 days n counting, im not a quitterbut im hurtin N may have to return to oem aku2. dang

Yay 4 Juggs 07-30-2007 03:32 PM

i addressed this issue in a previous thread only to be told that im not smart enough to figure it out cause smarter people have tried apparently...i know what the problem is and have created a solution for it in my head...i just dont know how to do it. The problem lays within the original version of pocket ie...its not being used in the newer roms and noone wants to listen to me when i tell them that. there is a workaround but who wants to jump thru hoops to use a workaround...certainly not i. the only way to fix it is to take the original version of pocket ie and embed it into the new rom replacing the newer version of pocket ie. the reason why it doesnt work using opera or mini mo is because the newer versions of those platforms are based off of the latest build of pocket ie. if anyone is smarter than me they would have already figured this out...but who am i to judge.

omegax 07-30-2007 07:50 PM

there is a search option available. Using this option would help with you being "green" on the subject

And By the way the previous posts were constructed I really couldnt imagine why BigJ didn't "Hit you back" dawg :roll:

zion7 07-31-2007 03:33 PM

hey omegax u need 2 pump ur brakes bro,Im taking by ur tone as well as ur mockery, that there is a certain code of geek edicate. Please dont patronize me & prove ur own ignorance in a lame attempt to insult me. I am a college graduate with a BA in Electrical Eng, Just because i choose to throw a little life into the "oh so lively site", dont come @ me like dat partner! I respect all man & apreciate diversity. if the way in wich i posted & my use of "Ebonics" is da reason BigJ'S hasent replied 2 me, Then its not in ur place to assume dat, let him speak 4 him self. But i truely do apreciate ur time & ur brilliant solution to my problem, "Just search" Duh, WTF u think i been doin? To all my other peoples who have to read this i apologize, look @ my last pos im reall a happy guy, just dont mess with me unwarrented!!! Feel me?

But back to what we all came here for! Im feinding for ur new rom fellas, I switched back to the stock rom only untill someone can help me figure out how to get mms working. The switch was like test driving A Bently then going back to ur Jetta. sucked nutz!
I want a Bentley damit, lol. Ahite peoples! once again my bad, but i gotta keep it real!!!!

Yay 4 Juggs 07-31-2007 04:01 PM

simmer down or ill lock the thread...keep it simple and on point

zion7 07-31-2007 07:05 PM

My bad,i got u Juggs, sorry i spazzed out there,ill keep it simple, workin on it!

Can u at least tell me if im going in the right direction? I mean do u use an apache and what rom do u use? have u been able to get your mms send & recieve 2 work, & how. or give me the catergory the thread is in & ill do the rest.