PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2007, 08:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Carrier: Sprint

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSchitt28
try and get them to send u a refurb 6700, if u have insurance and all. this will guarantee their will be one less 6700 in surplus when my phone breaks. by then the 6800 will be out and about.
You made my day dude ! lol !!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:15 AM
N00b

jack_2231 is a n00b
Re: 6700 discontinued???

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddydank
If so what's my best alternative?
Moto Q?
Treo?

I really like my 6700 but I can't just go without a phone waiting for something else to come out.
ARGH!
The phone makes no diff. All that matters is that we hackers stick together and don't split up. What ever phone the colonel and bigj use i will use. Iphone, moto q, makes little diff since it is the hacks that bring it to life. whereever you go, if you go, please try to explain to others here your motivations. so long as this is the phone with the best hackers it is the #1 for me.

Jack
Old 04-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

buddydank is a n00b
UPDATE

OK, so they couldn't fix my phone. Shocker! But they also don't have a replacement and wouldn't give me a different phone even if I wanted it. WTF? So now I have to wait 5-7 days till they get some refurbs in and they will CALL me.
So I'm trying to explain to the guy that this is my only phone and it's going to be a pain to have no phone for a week. But he kept apologizing and saying there is nothing he could do. FRACK!

Also according to this "expert" the 6800 won't be available for months.

No loaner phone plans, no option to get a different phone, and I have to stop by to keep checking if they got them in. I'm a little peeved to say the least.
Oh, but I could buy another phone to temporarily but my number on! What a great idea!!! I should spend more money because of the inconvenience they have caused me.

I'm thinking of "calling" Sprint to see if they can offer me anything different over the phone.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
I would definitely call or go to another store. They should at least be able to give you a demo phone to use. The only catch I see is that you said you spilled coffee on it. Did you tell them that? Regardless, it seems that they are willing to replace it once there is stock, so they should be able to do something for you.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 04-03-2007, 01:27 PM
gof
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

gof is becoming a great contributor
Re: UPDATE

Some snipped quotes:
Quote:
I spilt coffee on mine over the weekend and took it to the Sprint store today.
Quote:
... I should spend more money because of the inconvenience they have caused me.
Sorry to say this Buddydank but your tone has me losing sympathy (unless you have insurance, you never commented on that yet). You spilled something on your own phone. Because they can't fix it THEY are inconveniencing YOU? I don't quite see it that way.

If you don't have insurance, buy a new phone. If you do have insurance you should be dealing with Lockline since it would be a water damage issue. Pay your $50 and you should have a new phone within a day or two (and most likely a refurb 6700). If you're just trying to get the phone "fixed" without mentioning the water damage, then don't complain that your scam is taking a while.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP

aughsum is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cac9478
I have to say I miss the simplicity of Palm OS. I can text and make phone calls and never have to touch the screen or slide out the annoying keyboard
Simple isnt cool.

Espically if your in class.. dem hoes love the slider.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

buddydank is a n00b
well I don't want sympathy. I just want a working phone.
Yes I have insurance. Yes I told them what happened and they still said there will be no charge for replacing the phone.
I have never dealt with this issue before so I wasn't sure what was covered. I'm more than willing to pay $50 if that's what my insurance with them states but even with my willingness I cannot get a phone.

5-7 days because they can't find any.

all in all I'm interested in hearing what people have had to do when replacing their phone in a similar situation.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
My wife washed my ppc-6700 right in my pants pocket last week... aside from the litmus paper turning purple it still works great (after a thorough drying, of course)

I know... OT. Its a true testament to this phones durability though!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:53 PM
gof
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

gof is becoming a great contributor
Since you have insurance, simply call Asurion Customer Care at 1-800-584-3666. Have a credit card ready as they will charge you $50 since water damage is not covered as an equipment failure (i.e., you damaged it, not the phone broke because of a defect). They will send you a replacement phone right away. Note that is is supposed to be an equivalent phone. There is no garantee that it will be the same model, nor is it supposed to be new. For details on the program and the actual contract involved, look at
http://support.sprint.com/doc/sp3243.xml?id16=Asurion_
Pay attention to section V as it outlines what they will send you. For the first replacement they typically send the phone out quickly, 2nd day if I recall correctly.

Or you can wait and hope the store can get you something for free. Note that they are not required to do this, nor even supposed to. But free is always nice. Note: DO NOT SWAP YOUR PHONE UNTIL THE INSURANCE IS HANDLED. The policy covers your existing phone. If you swap in a replacement before making the call to insurance, they will operate on the replacement phone.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung SCH-i760
Carrier: Verizon

romulus15 is a n00b
I just got my phone replaced by Ausrion last week. I had the phone set on a table about 3 feet away from me. I was unboxing a router and the power adapter cube jumped out of the box and somehow traveled the 3' through the air to land on my screen. Quite cracked. Phone still worked fine, just couldn't tap on the touchscreen.

Asurion was awesome to deal with. They shipped a new phone out 2 day. Even came with a charger, battery and stylus. It comes with either a 6 or 12 month mechanical failure warranty (I got both cards in my box) that won't count toward your 2 device replacement limit.

Anyway...my point is that they do have 6700's in stock.

Good luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache