PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
One more question, where is the initflashfile.dat located?
Old 01-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
in the DUMP folder, but go to folder options, view and select show all files and uncheck hide protected os files. then u will see a lot more files in the dump folder.
~Mike

Old 01-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Retired Staff

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Thanks, thought I did that but missed that check box. For reference, on my PC it is under Tools\Folder Options\View. I missed the box that said "Hide Protected Operating System Files". Just in case someone else runs into this.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrod
I'll gladly share if anyone's interested. I was also planning on adding a browser that shows the "pixels" nicely. Don't know about sharing that one...

I've tracked down the initflashfile syntax to make directories and move file to them. It looks like it just copies the files from \Windows to \Program Files and takes up internal storage after all. I think your changing the Reg entries and pointing everything to \Windows is the way to go to save space!
How much internal storage do you think it is taking up? I do not think it is duplicating the files, just moving them, but I may be wrong.

Also, I am pretty sure Faria's 3.3 ROM for the wizard has TCPMP in it. You could extract that rom as a roadmap.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Retired Staff

Question, when using FileDrivePro, where do you pull up the ms.fat? I clicked on the file to drive button. At the top it shows all of my existing drives. At the bottom left it shows available drives. I just can't figure out where to open the ms.fat file from.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
when u click mount file to drive a box should pop up and have two choices the top being chosen. check the bottow circle and browse and find the .fat from there.
~Mike
Old 01-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Retired Staff

yeah, just figured it out. Mine didn't automatically pop up, but you can just click on the New Drive button on the bottom left. The choose "Mount virtual drive from existing container".
Old 01-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

u like exact instructions huh? I do mine by memory so forgive my explanations. :P
~Mike
Old 01-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Retired Staff

Just figured that I could explain what to do for future readers. Your instructions are great.

I hate when I am going through a thread and someone has a problem, finds a solution, and then just posts "Figured it out" or something like that.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Retired Staff

Another question, how do you control where files are installed. I know how to edit the flash file to create folders (which I guess would work), but what if I just need to get a .dll from \Windows to \Windows\System?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache