PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   SMS doens't show return number (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=15373)

emperial 01-05-2008 04:04 PM

SMS doens't show return number

When I receive a text message, it does not show me who sent it. Instead, it takes the first word of the message and puts that into the return address. I have no way of knowing who sent me the message.

I am running the 6700 with a WM6 ROM installed. This was never a problem with WM5 and only started once I had the WM6 ROM installed.

TMB_XV6700 01-05-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emperial (Post 155325)
When I receive a text message, it does not show me who sent it. Instead, it takes the first word of the message and puts that into the return address. I have no way of knowing who sent me the message.

I am running the 6700 with a WM6 ROM installed. This was never a problem with WM5 and only started once I had the WM6 ROM installed.

If I remember right, this was a regular symptom of having a conflict in your provisioning, assuming you are using a pre-cooked rom, not the kitchen. You need to hard-reset, go through the initial screens, then soft-reset during the countdown right after you set your time zone (also known as interrupting the carrier customizations.)
If you have been using the kitchen, then this is a symptom of failing to hard reset after flashing. A simple hard reset should fix it.

emperial 01-05-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 (Post 155339)
If I remember right, this was a regular symptom of having a conflict in your provisioning, assuming you are using a pre-cooked rom, not the kitchen. You need to hard-reset, go through the initial screens, then soft-reset during the countdown right after you set your time zone (also known as interrupting the carrier customizations.)
If you have been using the kitchen, then this is a symptom of failing to hard reset after flashing. A simple hard reset should fix it.

How can I tell which ROM I'm using? The guy at the Spring store did the upgrade for me so I have no idea. I've hard reset this phone a few times, usually after it'd get stuck at the boot loader and not go any further, and I still have the issue.

Would upgrading to the latest ROM ver. help?

Unknown Zone 01-05-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emperial (Post 155533)
...The guy at the Spring store did the upgrade for me so I have no idea.

I was looking at your post 1st/3rd..and noticed what you posted......they upgraded your 67 to WM6?

or

You did the upgrade to WM6?

Just trying to make things clear 8)

Poestaboy 01-06-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Im having the same problem... Im using the Apache Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0)

from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11074

ima when i hard reset..do i press "Y" or "N"

i wasnt having this problem at 1st....only after i went to factory settings, and back to it again

Poestaboy 01-06-2008 01:26 PM

it worked... I Hard resetted, pressed Y and soft reset with after i entered the timezone and all that...now it works..thanks alot TMB

Poestaboy 01-06-2008 02:18 PM

well now..doing it that way..i cant connect to the internet lol...

if its not one problem its another... How do i get my Connection to work after doing that?

emperial 01-06-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poestaboy (Post 155870)
well now..doing it that way..i cant connect to the internet lol...

if its not one problem its another... How do i get my Connection to work after doing that?

To fix the internet go to: Settings > Phone > Services > Internet > Click Start IOTA

emperial 01-06-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

This worked. Woohoo!!! Thanks! =D> =D> =D>