PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lost Address Suggestion in Messaging (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10777)

skaorsk8 10-31-2007 04:34 PM

Lost Address Suggestion in Messaging

I have the WM6 ROM, everything's working great. I was trying some new apps, and the following things happened:

1. Lost my address suggestions in text messaging - I used to be able to type the name, and suggestions would appear. Now nothing does.

2. There's an odd sea-green background on the contacts/programs/settings screens, and I can't figure out how to make it black again. It's not the HTC home plug-in screen at all, that's completely black.

Number 1 is a major issue, number 2 is minor.

Open to suggestions ... thanks for the help guys.

the18thtee 11-01-2007 05:09 AM

What are the new apps you were trying? Which one did you install right before you noticed this issue?

eakatank 11-21-2007 11:37 PM

I'm running into the same problem as # 1 above. No suggestions for email or text messaging. WM6, Kitchen 071117_1, VistaHide Battery, BT A2DP, BT HID, BT BPP, 1-Calc, Sprint, ExRom Unlock, Add. Ringtones, Themes, Sounds, OneNote, Adobe Reader, Excel, Word, Kevtris, MsPacMan, Comm Manager, acb Power Meter, ClearTemp, DictEditor, dotFred Task Manager, FTouchFlo, Smartskey, WM5 New Menu, HTC Camera, Album, RDPM, IETools, PIEPlus, Esmetrec Jbed Java, BL Apple ITunes KB Skin, KidGixxer Adobe FlashLite 2.1, imnuts Google Maps, Finbox Menu Extensibility, HTC Performance, Oxios Memory, HTC Vogue Default Dialer, SD Card Support, HTC Touch Keyboard, Null keyboard, .NET 2, HTC Task Manager, Wireless Modem, Internt Sharing, Modem Link, HTC Home 2.0.814, Slide 2 Unlock .85, Advanced Config., Clock in Title Bar, MSFT Voice Command 1.6, and WIFIFoFum.

Any Suggestions. Skoarsk what are you running? I have added several new items since my last build and am just now noticing the problem.

luv2chill 11-22-2007 12:52 AM

HTC Touch Keyboard is the culprit. Build again without it and your suggestions will work again.

eakatank 11-22-2007 04:41 PM

That took care of it. Thanks!

rayngm 02-13-2011 05:55 AM

Re: Lost Address Suggestion in Messaging

Quote:

Originally Posted by skaorsk8 (Post 110889)
I have the WM6 ROM, everything's working great. I was trying some new apps, and the following things happened:

1. Lost my address suggestions in text messaging - I used to be able to type the name, and suggestions would appear. Now nothing does.

2. There's an odd sea-green background on the contacts/programs/settings screens, and I can't figure out how to make it black again. It's not the HTC home plug-in screen at all, that's completely black.

Number 1 is a major issue, number 2 is minor.

Open to suggestions ... thanks for the help guys.

How about the camera in this ROM, any improvement? I daren't to upgrade the ROM, but want to upgrade the camera program only.

Tinkerbell 02-13-2011 11:33 AM

I may be mistaken, but the native camera application is the same whether you are using wm5 or wm6.5.

rayngm 02-13-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell_ (Post 2055508)
I may be mistaken, but the native camera application is the same whether you are using wm5 or wm6.5.

Oh I see. Thanks.

Tinkerbell 02-14-2011 12:56 AM

Sure. Hope you are getting the most out of your device. Have a blast!