PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2006, 03:02 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm a huge fan of the Plantronics Discovery 640.

Worked great with the 6700. It's probably one of the loudest BT headsets out there with great battery life and a relatively small size (it's exactly your first 2 knuckles on your pinkie, same width)

(Big D5, don't bother with a2dp, open audio gateway, MSVC through headset, etc on the 700wx. Won't work. Either it's hardware limitation or a really lousy BT stack. Even Jetware Mobile cannot get it to work and they do magic with BT and PPCs )
Old 12-11-2006, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Bad Sector is a n00b
Caller ID Thru BT headset

I have written a program that should work with any WM 5.0 phone. It will transfer the caller announcement to your BT headset.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/transfer-cal...set-t1559.html

That is the link to the fourm I started here on it, and it also gives you a link to the place where I first started to develop the program for any additional information you need.

Enjoy!
Old 12-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mofotrucker is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to mofotrucker Send a message via Yahoo to mofotrucker
NOKIA BH-900 works great on the ppc, nice and loud peaple here me very well & no echo. i luv it

Trying to get a job as Technical Consultant, Service and Repair at a Sprint store in El Paso, Tx Wish me luck
Old 12-27-2006, 03:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

worldaviator is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to worldaviator
My Bluetooth Selection w/ PPC-6700

My favorite Bluetooth headset of the time being is the Samsung WEP200. Very small, attractive and works well for both the caller and the receiver. I've updated my ROM to allow my bluetooth to use voice recognition calling and have had no problems initiating a call via my voice. Some downsides are the 4 hour talktime, which has a lot to do with the size of this headset.

I used to have a Jabra JX-10 but have had people tell me that they either cannot hear me or that I sound like I'm talking from a tunnel. Worse, the headset even with the earhook is just too big for my ear, hence causing uncomfort wearing the Jabra. Too bad because this Jabra is expensive...$179 w/o rebates. Now $149 at CompUSA.

Bahn and Olufsen also has their statement bluetooth headset but at $395, I think I'll pass!

WA
Old 12-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
i use the plantronics 320 with my 6700 and it works fine. i rarely ever use it though cause i see people walking around wth the bt headsets in their ears and they look like tools. especially the old guys these days using them, all they need is a fanny pack (waist purse) and they are all set.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Shaska is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSchitt28
i use the plantronics 320 with my 6700 and it works fine. i rarely ever use it though cause i see people walking around wth the bt headsets in their ears and they look like tools. especially the old guys these days using them, all they need is a fanny pack (waist purse) and they are all set.
But at the same time, Its fun as hell to walk around talking to someone using a headset, and everyone keeps looking at ya like your talking to them or something... XD classic...
Old 12-28-2006, 11:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc titan
Carrier: sprint

Jammrock is a n00b
I got a Jabra BT620 for xmas. While this is my first bluetooth headset, I think the sound quality is very good, the features are very nice and the mic works just fine despite having no boom. They pinch my ears a bit, but with a little adjusting it's not an issue.

I have discovered, though, that in order for stereo bluetooth to work well on my ppc6700 that I have to overclock the hell out of my processor. I use PHM to bump the CPU speed up to 553 MHz whenever one of my players is in operation. Otherwise I can't stream from my miniSD card without stuttering. But with a little overclocking and tweaking it works great.

Jammrock
Old 12-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Lurker

brasco901 is a n00b
I use the aliph jawbone. It's very cool and light. the noise shield technology is great. www.jawbone.com. nobody has a problem hearing me in noisy environments.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Nikkirox_1 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by reallyrob
do you use M$ voice command with ur 510? mine would always fail, so i got rid of it. was mine defective?

thanks

-s

Yes I use voice command with this headset and have had no problems at all. I just purchased the new version of voice command v1.6...kinda steep at $40 but it does work. The only thing I can not do is hear the caller id over my BT headset. It is totally handsfree! All I do is press the buton on my headset and when I hear the chirp, i say call(contact) or dial 555-1212 and it works. All of the features work great except for the caller id...caller id does announce, but through the phone itself and not my headset.
This was the exact reason I came on this board today I wanted to know if MS VC would work with Bluetooth. I bought M$ VC last night and I am trying it with my Bluetooth as I write this. I have a Jabra BT150. At first I couldn't get it to work, but then my phone kind of froze and I did a soft reset and once I did that it worked. Maybe that was what I should have done in the first place.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:01 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by brasco901
I use the aliph jawbone. It's very cool and light. the noise shield technology is great. www.jawbone.com. nobody has a problem hearing me in noisy environments.
I have checked a couple of Cingular stores trying to find one but no luck. I want to see one before I buy and am a little picky about hooks over my ears because I wear glasses. I need the noise canceling technology in my work. at times I am very loud warehouses where using a traditional bluetooth is out of the question. I have a nexzen that works very well but it will not stay connected to any of my PPC's. I think the Jawboen will be the next bluetooth I will try but I want to see one before I buy so on line is out of the question
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache