PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   MMS/Text no sound! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9385)

Azt3r1x 10-02-2007 07:52 PM

MMS/Text no sound!
 
When I receive a text or mms, I do not hear the sound that is supposed to play when I get them.
I have already went to Settings>Sounds & Notifications etc... to change the sound I want, but when I get a new message, no sound plays and only the screen turns on to tell me I got a new message. Would someone please help me? This is driving me crazy! ](*,)

(BTW, I have WM6 on my VX6700)

PPCFreak 10-03-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azt3r1x (Post 95612)
When I receive a text or mms, I do not hear the sound that is supposed to play when I get them.
I have already went to Settings>Sounds & Notifications etc... to change the sound I want, but when I get a new message, no sound plays and only the screen turns on to tell me I got a new message. Would someone please help me? This is driving me crazy! ](*,)

(BTW, I have WM6 on my VX6700)

I have the same issue. WM6 with Threaded SMS app.

nikki2beeps 10-04-2007 06:17 AM

If you guys are using the threaded sms are you choosing the right sounds in settings under messaging there are sub headers for "messaging (palm) "

PPCFreak 10-04-2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikki2beeps (Post 96380)
If you guys are using the threaded sms are you choosing the right sounds in settings under messaging there are sub headers for "messaging (palm) "

Yes. I have both set to the same sound (GOTMAIL). I have even done a soft-reset after making the change and I still get no sound when new message arrives.

PPCFreak 10-04-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 96529)
Yes. I have both set to the same sound (GOTMAIL). I have even done a soft-reset after making the change and I still get no sound when new message arrives.

Ok. After playing with some settings in Settings -> Sounds & Notifications I had programs checked but did not have Notifications (alams, reminders) checked.

Checked Notifications and now it plays my sounds when I get new sms.

Azt3r1x 10-04-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 96538)
Ok. After playing with some settings in Settings -> Sounds & Notifications I had programs checked but did not have Notifications (alams, reminders) checked.

Checked Notifications and now it plays my sounds when I get new sms.

Thank You! I was starting to think it was something wrong with my phone. :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0