PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Helmi Apache WM6 [verizonguy edition]

Helmi Apache WM6 Rom VE (Verizonguy Edition) A4 (Alpha 4) aka devel4
Current Version: A4
Download here: http://verizonguy.com/wm6

Apache WM6 Aku 0.7.0 Kitchen
Current Version: 0.4
Download here: http://verizonguy.com/wm6

Major Update: Devel4 now available for testing.

Summary of changes in this build:
I've managed to fix Infrared Beam OBEX in this build. I've also added SDHC support and Office 2007 support along with removing more extraneous stuff. I'll be starting a separate thread for more discussion on SDHC on apache. I think you'll find this rom also gives you more space to install programs on your phone

This installer package is designed for Verizon users to be run on Windows XP. This is a work in progress and is a development build, not yet an official release, so use at your own risk.

All credit goes to Helmi_c. We owe him much for all the time he has put in to making WM6 available to us on the Apache. Please send him a donation when you can to show your appreciation.

Instructions:

1) Backup contacts, documents, etc from your phone.
2) Put your phone in bootloader mode by holding down the 2 buttons in the top left corner of your phone while putting the stylus in the reset hole.
3) Connect your phone to your PC via mini usb cable.
4) Download the file linked above.
5) Run Devel4.exe
6) When finished running, unplug usb cable, then do a soft reset by putting the stylus in the hole.
7) When it starts booting up, do a hard reset by holding down the 2 soft keys (above send/end) while putting the stylus in the hole.
8 ) Let it reboot, align screen, etc.

Dial *22899 to program your phone.

Soft reset using the soft reset application in the Programs menu.

Changelog

Major update, lots of progress
- Fixed IR Beam (and there was much rejoicing)
- Added SDHC support (the rejoicing got louder)
- Added Office 2007 support (crickets)
- Removed more extraneous non-stock applications moving closer toward a plain vanilla release.
- Optimized imgfs structure to allow for more free space
---

More optimizations & standardization.
-Dialer now has working 911, working ## codes, smartdialing, etc. A custom phone canvas module will eventually have to be created to properly use wm6's dialer as intended, but this will be functional and be what we're used to.
-Added wpa wifi fix from xda-developers site.
-Other fixes, but it's 3:22am and I'm tired.
---

Fixes & optimization
-Fixed broken 911 and dialer issues from stock rom.
-Removed over 50 invalid registry entries and links from the stock rom.
-Several optimizations for speed and ease of use.
-fixed & restored standard hardware buttons
-fixed missing comm manager in AppButtons
-corrected voice speed dial registry entries
-enabled HTC Task Manager
---

devel1 made available for public download. WM6 for the Apache is in the early development stage. It is not considered "production" or even a release so if you choose to use any WM6 rom at this point, understand you may not have full functionality or dependable service.
-Removed "trial" purchased software that required licenses: Deepfish, Resco File Explorer, Resco Registry, Resco Update & Yahoo Go 2.0
-Added free applications: Total Commander (great free file explorer/manager), PHM Registry Editor and a Soft Reset application.
-Brought Voice dialing back, integrated free voice dialing into rom. (Haven't changed button functionality for it yet, available through programs menu for now & fully functional.

Last edited by verizonguy; 10-22-2007 at 07:44 AM. Reason: devel3 update
Old 09-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
DL'ing now will post back results later. Thanks for this!
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 09-19-2007, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Myn Warm Donut RL4 on xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

tharris297 is keeping up the good worktharris297 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to tharris297 Send a message via AIM to tharris297 Send a message via MSN to tharris297 Send a message via Yahoo to tharris297
I'm going to give it a try and thanks for any efforts to support Helmi and PPCgeeks. I have a question though, are there any "under the hood" changes made into your rom. Meaning, any Reg updates or any other tweeks to make WM6 work better? I'm a verizon user also and with this being a Verizoin rom ... i'm curious if there are any Verizon benefits over the standard Helmi "that runs like a Hemi

Thanks a lot Verizonguy and glad to see ya back!
Old 09-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

There are a couple of memory optimization settings that I think you'll agree make it run faster. There will be a couple more in the next batch.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
So what did you use as a kitchen for this and where'd you get it from? Did helmi release it?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP
I think he used the old hacking methods before there was a kitchen
Old 09-19-2007, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Schwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Does Secured Wifi Work Yet???
Old 09-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
hey verizonguy - glad you are back in action hope the basement went well.

Did you leave the EXT ROM blank or are you using it? Are you running the VZW customizations or they baked in? Just wondering how the memory is being handled, as I've always had issues needing soft resets when its tweaked too much in some ROMS?

Last edited by fitbryan; 09-19-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Sprint

CHUFLY29 is a n00b
just a quick note: I've been using the Resco Registry Editor for a while now and it hasn't deactivated yet (not sure if it needs a key I guess..)
Old 09-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstainHellbring View Post
I think he used the old hacking methods before there was a kitchen
You are correct, sir.

Quote:
Does Secured Wifi Work Yet???
I seldom use the WiFi between my unlimited data plan & my laptop, but the reports are that unsecured works, wep works, but WPA doesn't. It is on my list of things to do at this point.

Quote:
hey verizonguy - glad you are back in action hope the basement went well.
Thanks. Yeah, it came out great. I did all the drywall & electrical myself, wifey painted, I hired a company through home depot to do the carpeting and hired a guy to put in a hung ceiling.

Quote:
Did you leave the EXT ROM blank or are you using it? Are you running the VZW customizations or they baked in? Just wondering how the memory is being handled, as I've always had issues needing soft resets when its tweaked too much in some ROMS?
I haven't done anything with the ext rom yet. It is essentially useless at this point, so might as well use it for storage. This Verizon version is based on helmi's which has most of the customizations from the ext rom cabs already manually applied, so no, the customizations shouldn't be left to run.

Quote:
just a quick note: I've been using the Resco Registry Editor for a while now and it hasn't deactivated yet (not sure if it needs a key I guess..)
The features aren't all available unless you buy it. The version included in this edition has more features and is freeware.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development