PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Step by step tutorial for using the kitchen!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33873)

GaMedic 12-26-2008 11:44 AM

Re: Step by step tutorial for using the kitchen!!

Shameless bumb.

bruno12_55 02-07-2009 12:03 PM

Hi how is everyone doing?? I am very new, I am going to try this out and hopefully I dont break the phone. I had a question I was reading up on current builds and was wandering where to start here or there any help would be sweet Thanks....

Tplane37 02-09-2009 12:06 AM

I'd like to see a step by step of how to add to your USER_OEM for a customs build. There seems to be more to it than simply copying a CAB and making a folder for it. For Example, I have purchased programs that I would like to include in my build. Some of which are a number of programs from Resco that I like, but see no need to have multiple file explorers, etc.

Also, how can we modify an existing ROM to tweak it a bit to our liking, for example I have one of GaMedic's ROMS for stability, Manila2D for functionality/accessibility and appearence, and various others that have options I like, but non have all the options I want with no of the options I don't. There are many programs and features I simple do not use and they are pretty much a waste of space to me since I don't use them, and removing programs by going line by line is really getting old.

Basically, I am ready to get to the next step of this whole development thing, but I require some guidance to get started. Once I get comfortable with modifying existing ROMs, then with building my own from scratch, I have a Professor who is willing to teach me how to program for CABs, XML, SQL, C++, and C# for free if I am willing to share the knowledge I gain on the Windows Mobile with him....so I do have incentive to learn, as if "Just because" wasn't good enough to begin with.

For some background, I lost count of how many ROMs I have flashed, and I have aGPS fully functional with locks in under 10-15 seconds in most cases, and this is after I made the mistake of running the MR1 and MR2 stock ROMs/Radios. I am comfortable with oneGPS and many of it's functions, and I am prepared to purchase another 6800 if I screw up to much (sounds like an excuse to play with the hardware to me if I screw up that much!). I am VERY comfortable with DOS (though it is rarely used anymore, but have noticed it more often with mobile software.) And I am resourceful to boot, so I would like as much help here as I can get if anyone is willing to be my Jedi Master here, for simplicity of course. If no one is willing to teach me as needed, then could someone at least answer the USER_OEM and dump questions above.

Thanks in advance, and my PM's work!

craywm 05-11-2010 11:50 AM

okay so i cant get this download to work.. for some reason the kitchen links dont work.. and ideas?