PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   REQ: Apache WM6.1 Clean Rom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28023)

el_venga 05-30-2008 07:47 PM

REQ: Apache WM6.1 Clean Rom

i havent got into cooking yet cause of a crazy reasons, so i would love if someone else would release a clean wm6.1 rom for apache. i have tryed cooking but the kitchen its still to hot for me so im out of it.

jabu 05-30-2008 07:53 PM

Re: REQ: Apache WM6.1 Clean Rom

It's pretty simple to use. You just select the packages you want to install, select your phone carrier, and your bootloader version. That's it. If you really want dummy proof, use Helmi_C's WM6.0 as you just run the .exe and you are golden.

el_venga 05-30-2008 10:32 PM

i did set all the OEMs i wanted but when i got to the part of building it i always got error so i forgot about it. i know is simple to cook it but my head is focused on others stuffs right now. if it could be posible someone upload a "Clean" one.

Papachabre 05-31-2008 09:23 AM

If you're using a Titan it may be more beneficial for you to make this request in the Titan Forum. This forum is for the Apache (or the 6700). I would actually like someone to upload a basic Apache WM6.1 ROM that they know will work because I've been having trouble making my own and I want to see if it's the Kitchen or my phone...so if anyone has one with just the basic configuration (no S2U2, QuickMenu etc...) I'd be happy if you uploaded it :razz:

el_venga 05-31-2008 11:17 AM

i know i have a titan but i also plan to get an apache again cause i gave mine to my big bro. i want an apache to experiment stuff like linux and such but first i want to try wm6.1 on a friends apache.

gguruusa 05-31-2008 11:39 AM

It's you. You never even made it to flashing, so how could it be the phone?

If you want a clean ROM, dont select anything other than your carrier and REV (bootloader version) in the kitchen. It will build and you will be done. It doesn't get any simpler.

I'll say it again, even though people never seem to listen...when in the kitchen, don't start by selecting everything. Select very little, if anything, then build. You'll see what success looks like and will build up some confidence.

The old helmi.exe's are buggy, as they were first releases.

Papachabre 05-31-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 300665)
It's you. You never even made it to flashing, so how could it be the phone?

If you want a clean ROM, dont select anything other than your carrier and REV (bootloader version) in the kitchen. It will build and you will be done. It doesn't get any simpler.

I'll say it again, even though people never seem to listen...when in the kitchen, don't start by selecting everything. Select very little, if anything, then build. You'll see what success looks like and will build up some confidence.

The old helmi.exe's are buggy, as they were first releases.

Woah, time to exit Assumption City. I have used the Kitchen to successfully flash a WM6.1 ROM in the past, but recently I have tried to build and flash a "clean" ROM containing nothing but the bare minimum around 10 times now. Every time the phone boots it gets to the boot screen, shows the red text at the bottom of the screen and freezes. It never goes through the initialization process. I can remedy the problem by using the UTStarcom ROM "upgrade" to go back to WM5. Now do you see why I'm trying to find where the problem stems from?

I actually posted this in another thread that was related to this problem, but I figured in this thread I might ask for the same thing that the thread's creator asked for - a bare, pre-made ROM.

gguruusa 06-01-2008 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papachabre (Post 300748)
Woah, time to exit Assumption City. I have used the Kitchen to successfully flash a WM6.1 ROM in the past, but recently I have tried to build and flash a "clean" ROM containing nothing but the bare minimum around 10 times now.

My post was for the OP, not you. The OP is getting ROM to full error using Helmi's kitchen. The solution to his problem is to check less stuff - or no stuff if he wants clean. Your problem is you're using LennySh, which needs an update.

el_venga 06-03-2008 12:56 AM

problem solved, JTSV pmed me where could i get one and im on it.

brandogg 06-04-2008 10:04 AM

Anyone got that link? I'm not trying to be lazy, and I've built my own ROM before, but it caused a few problems. It wasn't packed with stuff, and was pretty stripped down too.