PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   PIM BackUp & Jeyo SMS can't restore Inbox (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21989)

ahdidaya 03-21-2008 10:26 PM

PIM BackUp & Jeyo SMS can't restore Inbox

i use CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0)
i try to backup my sms, then restore it with PiM Backup / Jeyo SMS..
but the inbox can't preview..
on bottom text message said text Message 17 item..
but in preview of text message can't display..

sorry for my bad grammar..

Thanks

dvst8_ 03-22-2008 12:58 PM

Re: PIM BackUp & Jeyo SMS can't restore Inbox

WM 6.1 added threaded txt msg.
So far the only way I’ve found to read restored inbox messages from 5/6.0 is to turn off threaded text messages.

You can do this with this registry edit

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Setting s]
"SMSAvailable"=dword:1

Change the :1 to :0

I ended up getting the information I needed from the old txts then turning the threaded messages back on.
You won’t see any new txts while threaded is off when you turn it back on ether.

sdruid 03-23-2008 10:42 AM

You can also install "Nue ThreadedSMS Control" from the kitchen and disable threading with that as well....

ahdidaya 03-23-2008 11:39 PM

Thank you for your feedback

hoodracer 03-26-2008 11:11 AM

can you backup text messages from 6.1 using jeyo's sms or pim back up??

imnuts 03-26-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoodracer (Post 230653)
can you backup text messages from 6.1 using jeyo's sms or pim back up??

Backup for me still seemed to work fine, just that you can't restore any backed up messages, even if they were from WM6.1 without doing one of the suggested items above to change the view.

Maxx134 03-27-2008 06:38 AM

I had this problem with the threaded text when I added "Nue ThreadedSMS Control" to my rom. I could not see any of the messages It said I had, when I did a PIM backup.

THEN I made a new rom without the "Nue ThreadedSMS Control" program, and ran PiM Backup again ... and I got all my threaded sms text back and all is fine.

I thought "Nue ThreadedSMS Control" would give me more control, but it just turns off the threaded ability and is simply is not needed for this rom. I dunno why it's in the kitchen.
So re-flash without it to get your backup of messages viewable again.

the18thtee 04-21-2008 04:02 PM

Ok, I think I have found a solution to this PIM Backup problem. I cannot speak for Jeyo because I do not use it.
I have been messing with this backup situation for a very long time and I have found that if you do a restore with PIM Backup, Nue Threaded SMS Control installed and enabled, make sure that the text messaging program is open in the background while the restore is in progress. If the Text Messages program is open and running in the background for some reason PIM Backup will restore almost all of the messages exactly as they were before, although I have noticed that every now and then I lose a few recieved messages, but almost all of them (2016 of 2025 messages) are restored and threaded. I am also going to try and see what the effect of leaving the program running during BOTH the backup and restore is, and I will report that later.

zachspda 04-24-2008 07:40 AM

did it put them in proper order for you? I got all the ones from the other person then me

ScrapMaker 04-28-2008 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachspda (Post 258672)
did it put them in proper order for you? I got all the ones from the other person then me

Same here... it's fairly annoying.

I wish I could find the database the WM6.1 uses to 'thread' these conversations, because I would just seed it with the proper information...