PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Verizon offered me a XV6800 for my XV6700 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13211)

froader 12-08-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herules (Post 138290)
You are making me rethink, I have over the weekend to decide, thanks for the input! I have to agree with fitbryan, they are kinda ugly........

I have to say that it is really not that ugly. The screen bezel is a brushed aluminum look and the rest is blue as you know. Its really suddle. Not obnoxious as you might think. Get the 6800. You will like it. Its definitely an upgrade. I can do all that I can do with it that I was doing with the apache. I think that it has better performance and screen sensitivity.

fitbryan 12-09-2007 06:51 PM

I went and played with it the other day. It is a bit slimmer which is nice but come onnnnn its ugly lol. They really blew it there.

hoodracer 12-10-2007 01:03 AM

its more of a love hate with the 6800 i personally went and saw it... played with it today... and i liked it... im having problems with my 6700 and wouldnt mind upgrading to the 6800 + i like the color blue :)

blizzard07 12-10-2007 11:14 AM

My Joystick went on my 6700 this past weekend. I called Verizon and they said I can go into the store and exchange for $50, but they will give me a 6700 refurb.

Has anyone else been told that?
Will I get there and if they do not have any 6700, will they give me a 6800?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Normally I would probably wait, but I lost my stylus, wall charger went up in smoke, battery is over two years old and my ebcase fell apart. Time to upgrade :).

hunter 12-10-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blizzard07 (Post 139717)
My Joystick went on my 6700 this past weekend. I called Verizon and they said I can go into the store and exchange for $50, but they will give me a 6700 refurb.

Has anyone else been told that?
Will I get there and if they do not have any 6700, will they give me a 6800?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Normally I would probably wait, but I lost my stylus, wall charger went up in smoke, battery is over two years old and my ebcase fell apart. Time to upgrade :).

Had the same problem except a lot more than the joystick stopped working, just tell them you know that the refurbs are junk and have lots of problems. On many of the refurbs they dont replace the joystick/d pad which ends up failing again. The joystick problem is a very well known problem for the 6700's. I talked to a supervisor on the phone first and he set me up for the 6800 for 50 bucks then he noted it on my account. When i went to the store they read the notes, a manager had to put in some access code to allow the extra discount, and away i left with a 6800 for 50 bucks and a mail in rebate for 50 so in the end its free.

PUREKB 12-12-2007 01:25 PM

So ok my 6700 usb connection broke on monday. call VZW and they gladly offered to send me a refubished replacement 6700. got the phone today and the phone looked very nice. cooked a rom for it and had it all setup. then i went to make a call and noticed a high pitched squeel comeing from the phone. now it only did this when the screen was on. so called VZW back they said they would send me another replacement 6700. i hope i dont get another POS. i tried to get them to replace it with a 6800 but no luck.

fitbryan 12-12-2007 01:30 PM

Just refuse it. I went through 3-4 refurbs (they were all junk). Eventually they will agree to give you a new device. Again, all it takes is negotiating skill and standing your ground guys :)