PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   WM6 BlueTooth Wireless Modem using WModem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11894)

zentor 11-16-2007 08:30 PM

WM6 BlueTooth Wireless Modem using WModem

First of all this has probably been answered some where, but I have spent an hour searching and still havent come up with an answer. I have the new WM6 rom on my Sprint PPC6700. I can use blue tooth using ICS (Bluetooth PAN), but I am not able to connect to my work VPN using this method. I am able to connect to my work VPN using WModem via USB. I would like to use WModem via BlueTooth, but can not get my phone to come display as a dial-up modem. I am just using the standard Windows XP bluetooth software and they are no services avaliable when connecting to the phone. Can someone that has done this successfully help me out or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Zen

schettj 11-16-2007 08:47 PM

Actually, I've seen it posted a couple times, but I don't know if it was ever answered.

I checked the kitchen Build thing, and there is no specific option for BTDUN (Bluetooth Dial Up Networking) in the kitchen.

My guess is, it's not there.

Goggling around found this over at xda developers

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=333762

You can get the cab to enable it here http://www.winmobiletech.com/sekalaiset/WM6_BT_DUN.cab

Read the post above for more info, including a minor issue when you finish using BT DUN

And do post back here if it works - kitchen team, verify no BT DUN in the kitchen???

luv2chill 11-16-2007 08:57 PM

Bluetooth DUN is included in the kitchen by default and works just fine. To use it you must include both Wireless Link and Wmodem.

Then, assuming you have already paired the two devices you simply open up Wmodem, choose Bluetooth from the list, and click Start. Your PC should detect a "Wireless Modem over Bluetooth" device and assign it a COM port. Then you need to create a dialup connection on your PC, using #777 as the phone number and setting the user name and password according to how they are set up on your phone (I believe most of us leave those blank). Tell it to use the Bluetooth modem and connect.

I am posting this via Bluetooth DUN right now.

schettj 11-16-2007 09:15 PM

Ah, thats the mojo - I remember now :p

I did not see BT as an option in MODEM LINK... but sure enough, it's there in WModem... I did have both, just picked the wrong one to test ;)

Thanks...

zentor 11-16-2007 09:19 PM

I am using the Apache WM6 Clean for Sprint created by robmayer. I dont see a wireless link program in this release.

schettj 11-16-2007 09:33 PM

you'll need to ask rob to rebuild his clean & simple with both wmodem and wireless link options then - I would guess the cab file I posted the link to might work to slap it in if its missing, but he can just build a version with full support out of the kitchen. Or, you can build your own from the kitchen ;)

It will really REALLY help if, when you are using a prebuilt rom, you post bugs for that rom it that rom's support topic :D

But I have seen other people asking about bt dun in the kitchen as well, so it was helpful to me to get the full scoop on that from luv2chill

zentor 11-16-2007 09:52 PM

It Looks like that cab works thanks for the help

cwwny 11-20-2007 12:26 PM

Yep works for me as well. Thanks luv2chill

nico4k 12-14-2007 05:24 PM

What about using someone else's internet thru bluetooth?

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2chill (Post 123789)
Bluetooth DUN is included in the kitchen by default and works just fine. To use it you must include both Wireless Link and Wmodem.

Then, assuming you have already paired the two devices you simply open up Wmodem, choose Bluetooth from the list, and click Start. Your PC should detect a "Wireless Modem over Bluetooth" device and assign it a COM port. Then you need to create a dialup connection on your PC, using #777 as the phone number and setting the user name and password according to how they are set up on your phone (I believe most of us leave those blank). Tell it to use the Bluetooth modem and connect.

I am posting this via Bluetooth DUN right now.

Here is a scenerio.
I want to use my friend's phone internet thru bluetooth on my PPC-6700, (not using sprint internet on my phone, i dont have a data plan, but i want to use someone else's thru their phone.)

I no longer see the Dial-Up Networking profile when i pair it with anyone's phone, even when their phone bluetooth profiles shows that it supports dial-up.

I remember being able to see that profile when i had wm5 kitchen, but with WM6 i no longer see that profile when i try to add a modem connection.
you do this by going to: Settings>connections>Add a new modem connection>
Select bluetooth as modem, and when the pairing happens, no dial-up networking profile shows up at all.

I CAN DO THE SCENARIO THAT zentor MENTIONED EARLIER, BUT NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND LIKE I EXPLAINED ABOVE,
IS THIS POSSIBLE TO DO IF WE HAD THE BLUETOOTH DIAL-UP NETWORKING ON THE WM6 AGAIN,
I THINK IT IS JUST NOT IN THE KITCHEN,
ANYONE?
Anyone tried this

MPLT 01-12-2010 10:27 AM

Re: WM6 BlueTooth Wireless Modem using WModem

Hi there,

I have a iPaq 910 with WM6.1 Pro. None of the two process here let me have the DUN installed so I could use my cell as a modem with BT.

Any other direction I should look for?

Thank you.