PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Radio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11819)

phazi 11-15-2007 06:15 PM

Radio

can some one please post the new radio up becuse i cant gte it fomr any where there all almost dead links

TMB_XV6700 11-15-2007 06:38 PM

This is on the ftp Apache/Ugraded Radios - don't know its history or RUU.
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/../../../Apach...43%20radio.rar

phazi 11-15-2007 06:50 PM

thanks man

eakatank 11-15-2007 07:07 PM

Can someone clarify what upgrading the radio will actually accomplish on the Apache. I'm just not up to speed. Thanks.

schettj 11-15-2007 07:18 PM

How old is your radio? You can see it on a soft reset (or several other ways)

If its below 1.2x you should really do it
If its below 1.4x you probably should do it
If its 1.41, its not much different, but you could do it just because, well, its newer.

the 1.4x radio firmwares seem to have found a way to get more bars out of the radio - could be they just report more bars, but they actually do seem to be better at getting and holding signals, and keeping EVDO connections.

eakatank 11-15-2007 07:23 PM

1.27 right now. I'll look into upgrading. Thanks.

vintageagain 11-23-2007 01:29 AM

I get a error 120, Country ID error, Not designed for my device :(

fryjr82 11-23-2007 09:54 PM

I get a Country ID error. Is this just for Verizon? If so is there a Sprint version?

Thanks!

Trident 11-24-2007 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I used this to upgrade my Sprint Apache a while ago.

fryjr82 11-24-2007 02:02 AM

Thanks Trident I am running 1.41 but was wanting to try the 1.43. The reception in my office isn't very good so I thought I would give 1.43 a try.

edufur 11-26-2007 04:14 PM

i went from 1.27 to 1.41 and actually almost didnt want to since my signal at home was great at 4 bars under 1.27. I was figuring I would see no change. Well, I am shocked that now I have a steady 5 bars and less battery drain. So, the next big test will be how well it does in the office... I was always at 1 bar (at best) there. I didn't think 5 bars was possible... this leads me to believe that there is something fake about the new radio. Although I cannot deny the power improvement. BTW: is 1.43 working for sprint?

schettj 11-26-2007 04:56 PM

1.43 works fine for sprint, not much diff (or no diff) from 1.41

SilvOreo 11-26-2007 05:44 PM

Losing Data Connection

I upgraded from Radio 1.10 to 1.43 and haven't seen a noticeable gain: Still getting 1-2 bars of 1x at home - neighborhood is a known cellular deadspot but VZW hasn't done anything about it.

However, I have noticed that sometimes after a voice call the data connection won't reestablish: Browser won't connect to anything and Activesync won't connect to exchange server no matter how many times or for how long I try either. After an hour of voice connections but no data, I sent myself a text message and then the Activesync would reconnect when I forced it. This happens fairly regularly over the last two weeks since I upgraded. It happens at home, at work, and on the road. I know voice calls are always 1x, and the phone usually goes back into EV-DO after the call, but sometimes I have to just reset the phone to get the data connection back on.

Has anyone had this experience with the newer radio? Could it be a WM6 problem (I installed that at the same time so I can't tell which is the cause)? Could it be a tower switching problem with either the radio or WM6? I do have the latest PRL.

JBabey 11-26-2007 09:37 PM

1.43 hosed my phones radio so i would avoid it like the plague (sprint). 1.41 worked wonderfully and i wish i never put 1.43 on my device.

If i had to wager a guess I would say that 1.43 runs the radio out of tolerance ranges and is a slow death for your hardware. It also may just be a coincidence that after i installed 1.43 i got horrid reception dropped calls, shit internet tethering. It also would not let me downgrade (yes i know what im doing).

Anyways 1.41 is excellent, 1.27 was great as well.

digi 11-27-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilvOreo (Post 129868)
I upgraded from Radio 1.10 to 1.43 and haven't seen a noticeable gain: Still getting 1-2 bars of 1x at home - neighborhood is a known cellular deadspot but VZW hasn't done anything about it.

However, I have noticed that sometimes after a voice call the data connection won't reestablish: Browser won't connect to anything and Activesync won't connect to exchange server no matter how many times or for how long I try either. After an hour of voice connections but no data, I sent myself a text message and then the Activesync would reconnect when I forced it. This happens fairly regularly over the last two weeks since I upgraded. It happens at home, at work, and on the road. I know voice calls are always 1x, and the phone usually goes back into EV-DO after the call, but sometimes I have to just reset the phone to get the data connection back on.

Has anyone had this experience with the newer radio? Could it be a WM6 problem (I installed that at the same time so I can't tell which is the cause)? Could it be a tower switching problem with either the radio or WM6? I do have the latest PRL.

I'm having similar problems since upgrading, except mine seems to be sending calls to voicemail when I'm using a data connection, and when it does ring, the phone freezes for a short time if I try to answer it. Then after it unfreezes, I cant call out or connect data again because it tells me to end the current phone call, even though I'm not in a call because the phone froze while answering.

I actually just made another thread about this problem, I didn't see this thread when I searched the first time. I upgraded from 1.1 and I had high hopes considering all the good things I had heard about the radio upgrades. But really I wish I would have stayed with 1.1

bobonit 11-27-2007 09:16 PM

I went from 1.27 to 1.41 and have not had any problems, I'm on sprint. I always had 5 bars at my home, but with 1.27 would only get about 400kbps on evdo. After upgrading to 1.41 and subsequently 1.43, I can get 1.3mb on evdo about 90% of the time. 1.43 seems to be as stable as 1.41 in my area, no dropped calls or evdo disconnects. I'm in South Fla.

Wizzard 11-28-2007 08:04 PM

1.43 gives me one more bar than the previous radios.

Has been working perfectly since I installed it.

rxb216 11-29-2007 08:21 PM

thanks for this info jbabey, being a sprint user myself, I'll stick to my 1.41, and am glad I didn't go through with the upgrade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBabey (Post 130006)
1.43 hosed my phones radio so i would avoid it like the plague (sprint). 1.41 worked wonderfully and i wish i never put 1.43 on my device.

If i had to wager a guess I would say that 1.43 runs the radio out of tolerance ranges and is a slow death for your hardware. It also may just be a coincidence that after i installed 1.43 i got horrid reception dropped calls, shit internet tethering. It also would not let me downgrade (yes i know what im doing).

Anyways 1.41 is excellent, 1.27 was great as well.

edufur 12-02-2007 04:19 PM

update. while my upgrade to 1.41 (sprint) was successful, i was hoping it would improve my office reception. it did not. it didnt hurt matters though.

sheetalc 12-02-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 128541)
I used this to upgrade my Sprint Apache a while ago.

If I use the attached file provided, will it overwrite my custom ROM? Ir just upgared the radioto 1.41? Thanks, just want to make sure.

hidr0 12-04-2007 02:07 AM

ahhh i get country error or not made for my device errors no matter which radio upgrade i try :(
anyone know what i can do? i think its because im on telus :( :( :(

digi 12-04-2007 02:10 AM

Are you using the NoID RUU? NoID will not check for the Country Code. It is available on the PPCGeeks FTP under Apache > Radios > Pheonix Radio 1.41

digi 12-04-2007 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digi (Post 130757)
I'm having similar problems since upgrading, except mine seems to be sending calls to voicemail when I'm using a data connection, and when it does ring, the phone freezes for a short time if I try to answer it. Then after it unfreezes, I cant call out or connect data again because it tells me to end the current phone call, even though I'm not in a call because the phone froze while answering.

I actually just made another thread about this problem, I didn't see this thread when I searched the first time. I upgraded from 1.1 and I had high hopes considering all the good things I had heard about the radio upgrades. But really I wish I would have stayed with 1.1

Well after trying two other radios, and a few different ROMs, with a lot of hard resets in between, I figured out my problem. Apparently some kind of setting I was using in Advanced Configuration was causing my problem. And would only happen after I soft reset after choosing my settings.

Weird stuff, took me all night to figure out :( and now I'm all the way back to 1.15 radio and a basic wm6 ROM :(

sheetalc 12-04-2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheetalc (Post 134321)
If I use the attached file provided, will it overwrite my custom ROM? Ir just upgared the radioto 1.41? Thanks, just want to make sure.

Anyone pls?

schettj 12-04-2007 11:23 AM

It should just do the radio. Before you flash, just check the dialog box to make sure that ONLY the radio firmware is shown as the thing being installed.

sheetalc 12-04-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 135421)
It should just do the radio. Before you flash, just check the dialog box to make sure that ONLY the radio firmware is shown as the thing being installed.

Thanks much!

buck95 12-04-2007 10:01 PM

For those who arn't sure what they are doing (like me) check out this post from Phoenix first. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5964
Hes done a great job putting together the files and most important for me, the instuctions line by line for us dummies. So simple to upgrade my xv6700 from 1.1 to 1.41 including how to put the phone in bootloader. THanks schettz for your wonderful explaination of when to upgrade. As always before u upgrade make damn sure your have your pc in the cradle or at least fully charged

Apogee 12-06-2007 01:12 PM

1.43 radio - Repack.rar

Hi all. I was having problems upgrading the radio on my Sprint 6700, invalid county code error, so I repacked Phoenx06's Radio 1.41 with the new 1.43 radio_.nbf file. Viola! Upgrade successful. I posted this file to the ftp:

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@ftp.ppcgeeks...o - Repack.rar

This is only known for me to work in 32/64 bit Windows XP. Vista is not supported in my tests. Some have gotten this to work in Vista however.

No major signal improvements yet.

There is no need to hard reset after the upgrade.

Enjoy! :headbang: