PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
Unfortunately if Sprint changes something then your mms stops working, I agree that might make it quicker but it shouldn't be the deal breaker with why mms doesn't work..I'll give it a shot though...

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

?GotJazz? is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspenc3 View Post
Last night I had a MAJOR slowdown of the phone during a usb activesync. It didn't respond to screen or button presses for 20-30 seconds, then it cought up with itself when the sync was done (which seems to take a long time for no changes, but perhaps it's just looking through my decent size contact/calendar listings). I then did a manual sync and it happened again, so I undocked it and it immediately sped back up. The rom I built is fairly basic, with mohairsoft calendar+ 2.7 and spb mobile shell (including embedded spb phone tools and spb weather) on the today screen. Nothing else was running in the background (but perhaps pocket outlook and activesync).

Any thoughts?
I have a thought (I get one every now and then).

Be sure that if your Outlook is set for "Cached Exchange Mode", you are also set for "Download Full Items". If not, it will always take a long time for synchronization to occur (even if you aren't syncing your email).

¿GotJazz?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention. - Scott Adams

¿GotJazz?
Old 11-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotbotmosh View Post
Unfortunately if Sprint changes something then your mms stops working, I agree that might make it quicker but it shouldn't be the deal breaker with why mms doesn't work..I'll give it a shot though...

Thanks!
Some of sprint's problem's in the past were resolved by using different DNS servers. So this may be related to it not being able to lookup the ip, or maybe it's just timing out because the dns server is slow. Not sure, but by setting it to an ip, takes out the step of looking it up, so the dns server is almost not even needed...

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Old 11-06-2007, 04:09 PM
N00b

waspie is a n00b
as others have mentioned my phone keeps popping up the dialer after closing other programs, quite annoying but liveable
Old 11-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by waspie View Post
as others have mentioned my phone keeps popping up the dialer after closing other programs, quite annoying but liveable
What dialer? I think I have seen this issue with the Vogue Dialer. But I use the touch dialer now, and do not have that problem...
Old 11-06-2007, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

johnny2678 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to johnny2678
Quote:
Originally Posted by waspie View Post
Yep, I've got this problem too.

I'm using the vogue dialer
Old 11-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

agtblank is a n00b
minor problem. I used the latest kitchen and everything went well. Currently, my auto word complete is not working, so i installed the palm style threading sms program... same thing, but now I get no notification of new SMS's, the screen lights up and that's it, no vibrate, no sound.
Other than that, Thanks a lot!!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Sprint

CHUFLY29 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny2678 View Post
Yep, I've got this problem too.

I'm using the vogue dialer
I had the exact same issue. I installed an iPhone-like dailer and the issues went away. There seems to be some quirks with the HTC Vouge apps. The keyboard install seems to bork the auto name completion.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by agtblank View Post
minor problem. I used the latest kitchen and everything went well. Currently, my auto word complete is not working, so i installed the palm style threading sms program... same thing, but now I get no notification of new SMS's, the screen lights up and that's it, no vibrate, no sound.
Other than that, Thanks a lot!!
You have a seperate setting for palm SMS in the notification settings. Hit start<settings<sounds and notifications. In the dropdown menu you will see Messaging:New text(palm. Or something simular. I don't have it loaded on my phone currently but it is the one with the ( symbol showing. The words are cutoff due to screen size.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

agtblank is a n00b
found it... and it was active, but still no sound

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development