PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bugzy is keeping up the good workbugzy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
does this kitchen work for Bootloader 2.05?

im getting an error that the update utility does not work for this phone device
Old 01-28-2008, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
does this kitchen work for Bootloader 2.05?

im getting an error that the update utility does not work for this phone device
What RUU option are you picking in the kitchen? You should pick the 04+ RUU option and it should go fine for you.

Any other questions give a shout.

Steve
Old 01-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: xv6700 w/ helmi wm6
Carrier: verizon

cheesegrater is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cheesegrater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
So are you using Active Sync and Wireless sync? I gave up on using them together a long time ago because they seem to conflict each other. I don't see a reason to use both. Are you using wireless sync for email or for another reason? Depending on you email provider you should be able to set up your device to retrieve your email without wireless sync. I keep a PIM backup on my storage card in case I am away from my PC and cannot active sync after a hard reset. I don't see any good reason to use wireless sync. If there is any benfit someone let me know.
i don't actually use activesync for anything but moving files around and a program called mobiler. i use wireless sync for all my contacts and whatnot. email goes direct to phone. wireless sync comes in handy cause you can use it with get it now phones too ( i like gadgets...). i also like wireless sync becuase i can access it from the internet at work and change what i need to as far as my schedule and whatnot. if i ever manage to successfully flash a rom under linux i'll be completely windows free (except for my phone........ for now....... heh.....)
Old 02-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

gfmedia is a n00b
Install Problems

Alright what am I missing here.

I was able to sucessfully install helmi_c previous WM6 (Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) sprint Rom http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671) I had no problems installing and it was a breeze. Thought I would try this out, choose options then click on little Play button it tells me put in bootloader mode, I do and it continues install to where I have to click next on PC, it just sits there and hangs and tells me it has an error connecting to device. Everytime it does this and kills my software. I have several times done this, and also went back and reinstalled the original Sprint Rom off thier site, no problems there either. I never have connection issues (yet it is connected and can upload in bootloader mode thru vaious other Roms) until I tried to load this onto my unit.

What am I missing? Can someone please point me in the right direction as I would like to use this very much.

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700

jchargu3 is a n00b
Awesome! i have so far reloaded m yphone 5 times trying to get something corrected

How can I change the left button (next to win key) from CONTACTS to Messaging menu like it was in the original WM6 for XV6700 release?

thanks
Old 02-01-2008, 10:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700

jchargu3 is a n00b
Nevermind got it with WM% menu
Old 02-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfmedia View Post
Alright what am I missing here.

I was able to sucessfully install helmi_c previous WM6 (Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) sprint Rom http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671) I had no problems installing and it was a breeze. Thought I would try this out, choose options then click on little Play button it tells me put in bootloader mode, I do and it continues install to where I have to click next on PC, it just sits there and hangs and tells me it has an error connecting to device. Everytime it does this and kills my software. I have several times done this, and also went back and reinstalled the original Sprint Rom off thier site, no problems there either. I never have connection issues (yet it is connected and can upload in bootloader mode thru vaious other Roms) until I tried to load this onto my unit.

What am I missing? Can someone please point me in the right direction as I would like to use this very much.

Thanks.
Make sure you are selecting the correc bootloader and that your phone is in bootloader mode.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 02-03-2008, 06:02 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Details...we need details (RUU, bootloader version, PC OS).

Wait longer, and you will eventually get an error. What is the error?
Old 02-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

rmikulec is a n00b
BT Audio Problems

I updated my xv7600 and everything seems to work great with one exception. When I use my BT stereo headset, the sound is great and it works as a phone headset perfectly. When I use it with my GPS it pairs up well, and it controls the phone perfectly, but there is no sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, the GPS is working fine as a headset with my other phones.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: V-Z Dub

Baker954 is a n00b
Okay, downloaded the Kitchen....

Went to download the OEM, and my download is brickwalling at about 15megs from the first link and 30megs on the second link.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development